Soyo Dragon Mobo nightmare!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soyo Dragon Mobo nightmare!!!!

I bought a Soyo Dragon series mobo off ebay a few days ago, I saw three swollen caps, I replaced the caps with good ones, I thought "Great!"
    I hooked the mobo up and powered it up..ok good!! Not good !! No video...I tried three different video cards. still no video..The PS is a 600 watter
    the cpu is brand new, the cpu fan spins...No Video..Unfortunately its a jumperless board, so I cant change anything unless I get into the bios
    which is impossible without video.....Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..... Thanks , Galaxybr8

PS I did contact the seller and he has refunded my money.. :>)

Re: Soyo Dragon Mobo nightmare!!!!

Skeet shooting?

I had one Soyo 'bar-b-que' inside a case, burned a hole through the board when a cap popped.

I had another fail completely, not even the famed skills of TopCat could save the doomed board. I suggest sticking with Abit...
    There is no fear, there is power.
    There is no death, there is immortality.
    There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side.
    I am the Heart of Darkness.
    I know no fear, But rather I instill it in my enemies.
    I am the destroyer of worlds.
    I know the power of the Dark Side.
    I am the fire of hate.
    All the Universe bows before me.
    I pledge myself to the Darkness.
    For I have found true life, In the death of the light.

Comment

Re: Soyo Dragon Mobo nightmare!!!!

If it's a $15 came-with-the-case 600 watter, it might be the issue. I'd assume it's that the board just decided to crap itself, though.

You can't even reset the CMOS with a jumper? That's usually the first thing I try.
      You know there's something wrong when you open up a PSU and are glad to find Teapos.
      Why I don't buy cheap cases!

Comment

Working...
      X