No announcement yet.

How to remove FET transistor ? and changing same Volts and Amps N channel FET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove FET transistor ? and changing same Volts and Amps N channel FET

...Guys , im thinking about changed the FET transistor on my ASUS P4800 ...coz the FET was getting hot....and i afraid the FET was shorted...i really want to know how to remove it from the board...how much temperature to remove it..... Then can i used the compatible transistor that are same with the datasheet on the FET that i want to changed?

Re: How to remove FET transistor ? and changing same Volts and Amps N channel FET

If it works, don't fix it.

Comment

Re: How to remove FET transistor ? and changing same Volts and Amps N channel FET

Being hot only means a lot of current through it. Some tweakers and now some manufacturers are putting a heatsink on top of their fets. You might consider doing this, one method I've used to attach those is arctic alumina epoxy.

Removing a surface mount fet is best done with a hot air rework station to heat the PCB copper. There is no other good way now that the entire board is populated with other parts.

If you were to replace this FET with anything but exact same part, you should also replace the other fets working in parallel with it, because having mismatched FETs will result in an uneven current sharing.

As Rainbow stated, if it works don't fix it (beyond putting a heatsink on top if you really feel it is warranted). It is not shorted out if the system runs.

Comment

lol.....it was normall...coz i already ask ASUStek ,they told me the FET was normal being like that :P... Thx guys for your help ^_^

Comment

Working...
        X