Quadro K2100m smd caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quadro K2100m smd caps

Hi, I borrow K2100m graphics card to my friend for some testing. And he accidentlly unsolder 2 or 3 smd caps from the gpu chip while he was cleaning thermal paste on chip, and lost them somewhere.

My question is can someone tell me what size and strength are those smd caps. I also attach photo so you can see better what I'm talking about I circle them with red.

Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Thermaltake; 01-13-2020, 03:10 AM.

Re: Quadro K2100m smd caps

anyone ?

Comment

those caps can only be taken from a defective chip of the same model.

Comment

Originally posted by caspian View Post
        those caps can only be taken from a defective chip of the same model.
        Ah, thats not a good news
        Last edited by Thermaltake; 01-13-2020, 11:32 PM.

Comment

probably, many such defective chips can be found in the market with a very cheap price.

Comment

Those are SMD multi-layer ceramic caps (MLCC). But just call them ceramic caps for simplicity.

Anyways, as far as specs... I would >guesstimate< they are rated for around or under 1 uF (probably 100-470 nF... or 0.1 to 0.47 uF if you prefer that) and likely 6.3V or thereabouts.

You should be able to run the GPU without these, though. Worst case, you'll just get garbled image with artifacts or unstable GPU. If that's the case, try some 220-680 nF SMD ceramic caps and see if that works.

Now, since those caps were damaged, I think it's much more important to inspect the trances on the GPU on top. If any are severely scratched off or cut, don't even bother looking for replacement ceramic caps, as the GPU may be damaged beyond repair from those scratches.
            Last edited by momaka; 01-15-2020, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
              Those are SMD multi-layer ceramic caps (MLCC). But just call them ceramic caps for simplicity.

Anyways, as far as specs... I would >guesstimate< they are rated for around or under 1 uF (probably 100-470 nF... or 0.1 to 0.47 uF if you prefer that) and likely 6.3V or thereabouts.

You should be able to run the GPU without these, though. Worst case, you'll just get garbled image with artifacts or unstable GPU. If that's the case, try some 220-680 nF SMD ceramic caps and see if that works.

Now, since those caps were damaged, I think it's much more important to inspect the trances on the GPU on top. If any are severely scratched off or cut, don't even bother looking for replacement ceramic caps, as the GPU may be damaged beyond repair from those scratches.
              thats right!

Comment

I gave graphics card to my friend he soldered the right caps.

I will test card when I arrive home after work, and let you know if it's working.

Comment

Doing test for 1 hour now and everything seems to be OK.

Graphics card is working again, woohoho

Comment

Nice!
                    Glad to hear it's working again!

Comment

Working...
                    X