Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The infamous Sony Android Reboot problem

Hi

I've got a Sony KD-43X8305C 43" 4K Android TV with the very common rebooting at the Android logo screen. I've tried the reset with the power button and - volume button held, also tried upgrading the firmware from a USB stick plugged into USB 2. Someone on Ebay is selling a repair service for the boards 1-894-595-12 but its £150 ($200), sod that.
    Any ideas before I bin it ?

Thanks

Mal
    Attached Files

Re: The infamous Sony Android Reboot problem

Mohammed at Microtech fixes the boards for around £90 I think.
    I've got three of these Android Sony's all with various problems relating to the main board. Sony should really have recalled them or extended the warranty for these issues. These TVs were priced at way over £1000 and they're only lasting 2 or 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by sickboy View Post
      Mohammed at Microtech fixes the boards for around £90 I think.
      I've got three of these Android Sony's all with various problems relating to the main board. Sony should really have recalled them or extended the warranty for these issues. These TVs were priced at way over £1000 and they're only lasting 2 or 3 years.
      Thanks, its actually £145 which makes it a write-off, shame.
      Glad I've got a 5 year guarantee with my 49" Sony Android TV.

cheers

Comment

Theese problems are recoverable virtually with a serial port pc connection and information tech. skills, especially of linux systems, if you were in Italy i could buy your tv but you aren't. Making lesson on how to do it it's out of discussion. Remember, for the research i've made until now, this issue builds up by a wrong switching off of the tv, smart tv when used with internet are dangerous when you switch it off the wrong way, like with multisocket button.
        Last edited by Davi.p; 02-18-2020, 06:12 PM. Reason: ???

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
          Theese problems are recoverable virtually with a serial port pc connection and information tech. skills, especially of linux systems, if you were in Italy i could buy your tv but you aren't. Making lesson on how to do it it's out of discussion. Remember, for the research i've made until now, this issue builds up by a wrong switching off of the tv, smart tv when used with internet are dangerous when you switch it off the wrong way, like with multisocket button.
          Hi

Was actually a firmware update that bricked it.

Comment

Yes, that is one of the possible causes, every thing that needs writing on the flash mem can make loss of data, conflicts, the smart tvs are more susceptible because them writes new apps and history of web navigation, how can a software update ruin the data i don't know, surely an interruption of the mains.

Comment

Working...
            X