A 2200lm 7057 LED car lamp...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A 2200lm 7057 LED car lamp...

led are crap if used wrong as in most cases i see .. they whoever they are seem to think running them at the max is a good thing .. i tame the little buggers with a suitable resistor to run at the lowest current whilst it is as bright as it needs to be .. they should be banned in cars until its sorted . same as any overbright light that dazzles road users .
    well thats my view on the matter .

Comment

Yeah incandescent bulbs will run quite hot, depending on wattage and physical dissipation size. All of the heat must be dissipated, they can't get infinitely hot. Just that LEDs will melt down before tungsten.

I don't think I can hold onto 80°C. 60°C probably is my absolute limit. I burned myself trying to remove a bulb cover in my car trying to investigate what kind of lamp it uses, I think it got to 70°C+ and it seems to only be 0.5W? I might have to remove it or replace it with LEDs just so I can leave my doors open without fear of draining the battery - seems it draws 3A - same as a headlight bulb - when the lights are on.

Not replacing them with this bulb of course, I think that bulb was only 0.5W to 1W at most. Perhaps an override switch to shut the lamps off when I don't want them on is a better solution...

Comment

I have a truck that has this crap that there is no way to turn off the inside cab light it just times out for some reason now it does not time out anymore so I took out the fuse for it and be done with it
        9 PC LCD Monitor
        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
        30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
        10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
        6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
        1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
        25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
        6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
        1 Dell Mother Board
        15 Computer Power Supply
        1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
        2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
        All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
          Aren't yellow lamps frequently used for fog lights too?
          only in france

Comment

Working...
          X