Please, help with Samsung UE32D5000 diagnostic problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please, help with Samsung UE32D5000 diagnostic problem

Problematic horizontal lines and picture scattering are visible in attached images.

Please help determine where the malfunction occurred. I checked all the cables and connectors on all the boards inside the TV. There are no visible defective elements on the boards.
    Factory reset also done but no improvement.

Which board could be wrong?
    Attached Files

Re: Please, help with Samsung UE32D5000 diagnostic problem

Looks like timing control problem. Possible panel problem.
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Problem with one side gate drivers, seems lagged, needs a picture of entire screen, maybe fault begin from a certain line, tipical, one of the solutions the masking tape method..

Comment

Thanks for the quick answer.
        I photographed the whole screen and additionally each side separately. I think the resolution is poor to see the details, so I still shot every corner in macro mode.
        I hope that helps.
        Attached Files

Comment

The whole screen is affected, so detach one tcon output cable at a time and see if you have an half good image situation.

Comment

When the left output connector is disconnected on the t-con it is obtained as in the picture (discon_left_t-con.jpg) and the visible part of the message on the screen is clean lines but every 2nd line is black (message_macro.jpg).

When the right output connector is disconnected on the t-con, it is obtained as in the picture (discon_right_t-con.jpg) and the screen darkens completely in ten seconds (discon_right_after10s_t-con.jpg). The expected second half of the message is not displayed at all.

Still wondering where the fault is, on the t-con board or the panel is gone?
            Attached Files

Comment

The fault is on the panel maybe you can fix it nearly well with tape masking method, post photo of tcon with visible serigraphs

Comment

Panel fault means the TV is a waste.
                So I would definitely try that method of masking, to save what can be saved. T-con image is attached, which pins and on which connector should be masked?
                Thank you very much for your help.
                Attached Files

Comment

Everything starting with CK, on the connector of the faulty side that is the one that shows almost black, there are testpoints near right connector but are paralled to the left.. you can also try to block each one at a time that wil preserve more signals but it's longer to do.. you have at minimum 2 faulty lines..

Comment

Thanks a lot for the instructions.
                    Maybe I should first try to measure the voltage differences at the test points of the pins between the left and right connectors to determine which pins to mask?

In order to do it well, I need to provide more time, so I will leave it for the weekend.
                    At the end I will definitely announce the final result here. Maybe help someone else.

Thanks again for the big help.

Comment

yes its a good idea to measure voltages,but if you have a multimeter with frequency meter or if you buy one like a cheap ZT301 / 302 it's easier, maybe the faulty clock it's shorted to gnd or else.

Comment

This video maybe worth a watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbGAkRgaZhs

Comment

i don't know why making tech videos speaking so fast.. it's only to make money or he wants to teach something..?

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                            i don't know why making tech videos speaking so fast.. it's only to make money or he wants to teach something..?
                            I really hate this too.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                              Try learning how to repair panels and t-cons when they are all in hindi, tagalog etc. India seems the only videos that get into real repairs of this kind.
                              I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

this because in India there is real poorness and an electronic device must last longer.. the guy of the previous video seems a real expert and when my pc will be working again i will make start-stop easier with that and some French new videos that goes deep into lcd tech that i almost know but not entirely due to language limits..

Comment

Working...
                                X