Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: samsung ue55nu7021k backlights working but blank screen

Originally posted by lotas View Post
    You have correctly formatted (FAT32) and unpacked the files for updating, try other USB flash drives and insert them into other slots.
    So I only have one USB on the TV that I can use, just checked the usb and its formatted to FAT32. Can I just double check that when I download the update, do I select the windows version or All OS. I selected All OS as I'm downloading the software on my iMac? I'm pretty sure it should be All OS but just want to check and will then use other USB's.

Comment

Ignore that I think I have answered my own question, the windows file won't extract on the mac so it has to be All OS.

Comment

So tried several times with different usb's and nothing, just hangs and then reverts back to the No Signal screen.

Any other thoughts, do you think it's a software issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda79 View Post
          So tried several times with different usb's and nothing, just hangs and then reverts back to the No Signal screen.

Any other thoughts, do you think it's a software issue?
          I wonder if the ic can be removed from the mainboard and re programmed that way, downside is if you have not got a programmer already you would have too buy one so a replacement mainboard may work out cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissygizmo View Post
            I have a Samsung ue55nu7021k that has working backlights but has a dark blank screen..

I've tried a couple of different boards from a friend without success, however, one of the boards produced the Samsung Smart logo on the screen so I'm guessing it's the main board that's at fault, is there anything I could try to repair the board or is it a case of buying a new one ?

Thanks in advance
            What do you have with other boards (what are the faults) and how many do you have? I understand that you only have three boards.
            Last edited by lotas; 12-07-2021, 03:14 AM.

Comment

What do you have with other boards (what are the faults) and how many do you have? I understand that you only have three boards.
              This thread is slightly confusing as this is a diffrent member now not the person who started the thread i have only just noticed this myself, from post 4 onwards is the member we are offering help with.

Comment

Yes, I didn’t pay attention.

Comment

Apologies, I should have started my own thread I guess. But yes as stated I raised my query from post 4 onwards. I haven't opened up the TV but is this worth doing and taking a photo of whats inside?

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                    I wonder if the ic can be removed from the mainboard and re programmed that way, downside is if you have not got a programmer already you would have too buy one so a replacement mainboard may work out cheaper.
                    Sorry this is beyond my technical knowledge. Are you suggesting taking something out and reprogramming it. Yeah I have no equipment to do any reprogramming! Would a replacement board fix this, I guess its hard to say without knowing what the actual fault is?

Comment

Sorry this is beyond my technical knowledge. Are you suggesting taking something out and reprogramming it. Yeah I have no equipment to do any reprogramming! Would a replacement board fix this, I guess its hard to say without knowing what the actual fault is?
                      A replacement main board would probably solve this fault and is quite easy too change but you would have to take a good clear picture of the mainboard so we can read the details on it and also one of the lcd panel stcker

Comment

Sorry taken so long but just about to open the TV up but just noticed its a screwless rear. Just looked at a video and the guy sues a tool to open which I don't have. Can I just use a flat screwdriver or do you think this will damage the TV? There appears to be some gaps at the bottom of the tv to pry a screwdriver in
                        Attached Files

Comment

It's a tool with a plastic wedge at the end. http://www.ohmsupplies.co.uk/epages/.../OHMYS01-A2.06
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113347471576

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                            Great thanks. Do you think you can use a flat screwdriver for this?

Comment

Great thanks. Do you think you can use a flat screwdriver for this?
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNqJppoV5S0

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                                Great thank you, sorry been super hectic at work so trying to find time has been tough. Video is good thanks, just need to find something like the Smudger he uses.I'm guessing something semi hard but of rubber would be ideal.

Comment

so that went better than I expected! I have got the back off and photos attached of whats there. Any thoughts? Can get better photos if you need.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

on your first picture lower edge can you take a picture of the white sticker that says samsung on it so we can see what lcd panel number it uses thanks (on ebay the mainboards are averaging £35.00 so up too you if you want too take a risk replacing it)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...662A&_osacat=0

Comment

Ok I think I've attached the photo of what you mean. It says BN95-05414Q?

Do you think the board will be faulty, would the picture come on then? The picture test does work but inputs don't work nor is there any sound?

Also what board at the back do you think needs replacing?
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Ok I think I've attached the photo of what you mean. It says BN95-05414Q?

Do you think the board will be faulty, would the picture come on then? The picture test does work but inputs don't work nor is there any sound?

Also what board at the back do you think needs replacing?
                                        Mainboard
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Mainboard
                                          yoda79
                                          can you take a clear picture of this white sticker too many thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X