Hisense 55H6B Blue tint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hisense 55H6B Blue tint

I have a neighbor that has this TV and he brought it to me because I have had luck fixed TV's in the past. The TV works like normal accept everything has a blue tint to it. Everything I have read online makes me think there is an LED issue but I have also seen some that say it's a TCON issue. I am just looking for some guidance of where to start, I have replaced a bunch of LED in LG TV's and am familiar with the process to do so just want to get opinions on where I should start to pinpoint the cause of this. I would prefer not to just start buying parts to try to find the problem. Thanks in advance!

Re: Hisense 55H6B Blue tint

Need pictures
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

https://techhometravel.com/lg-49uj65...e-purple-tint/

Comment

if your backlights look blue looking at them from the back thru the little holes, i doubt it's the tcon at fault, most likely the backlights are worn out from being overdriven. Whenever your tv is set to vivid and the like they run the backlights at full blast and they wear out all the faster, article there says something about adjustments but that's probably just if your tv got out of adjustment somehow, best to turn your backlights down to as low as you can tolerate, to expand their lifespan, if they have turned blue from that they will need replaced: https://voltfixer.com/how-to-remove-...ve_a_blue_tint

Comment

I will get some photos taken and posted I will also check the backlights to see if they have turned blue. I appreciate the input and will report back with some photos and what my findings are. Thanks

Comment

Yes, please post photos of YOUR ACTUAL TV.

Failing LEDs can have degraded phosphors that emit a blueish light, but also a problem in LVDS signal cable can cause a blue "push" which causes more gain to blue signal than red or green signals and yield similar issue. Hard to know which it is without some nice clear photos of images that should have easy to discern white areas. Try a news channel feed - it will have people's faces and usually white text that might help people see the issue

Comment

Here are some photos
              Attached Files

Comment

Looking through the back the leds definitely look blue and not white so I am guessing that is the issue.

Comment

Picture looks ok in spots, so would say your leds are the problem.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv15_yyo9dM
                  Last edited by dskall; 03-22-2022, 06:58 PM.
                  I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

That was my initial thought but just wanted to get some other opinions before tearing it apart and ordering parts

Comment

Tore the TV apart tonight and can confirm it is the LEDS. I powered on the TV while apart and all of them were bright blue. I have new ordered and will get them in once I get them. Appreciate the help.

Comment

If you have a yellow diffuser panel then the leds are supposed to be blue. That's for the quantum sets I think they're called. Doesn't look like yours is one of them though.

Comment

Working...
                        X