Can you dignose from the photo ? . Toshiba 65S2650EV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can you dignose from the photo ? . Toshiba 65S2650EV

lotas : I have "Transistor like", TO-92, AZ431. I got the PDF now.

Davi.P
    1. I can replace , as I bought 2. But Vcc is now fine, last time I checked.
    2. What do you want me to do with U2
    3. " I see QF1/2 , it's not clear," = you made a mistake ? or .. where are they
    Attached Files

Comment

1. can you answer about plastic bag?
      2.to replace it, but i would put attention first on the ic2
      3. I mean the 2 mosfets on the large heatsink on the left on the previous photo top/bottom view, towards the ac input..

Comment

I received new 2xIC2 in anon plastic bag.

I attach a previous Photo of QF1 QF2 as a reminder: you saw correctly

OK. So this is the plan :

Measure V : IC2 and U2 and AZ431
        Measure Hz : QF1 QF2 Gate . and AZ431 too ( Cathode Anode Vref )?

I will post results before I replace U2 and IC2 ( with the 2nd one I got )

Comment

No,some corrections:
          1-Measure V on ic2 / u2 is not useful, you have already seen V on ic2 is ok, on u2 you can apply 1,2v on the secondary side and watch if primary side conducts between 2 pins
          2-Measure hz on AZ431 has no sense
          3-replacing ic2 from the same lot has no sense, i suspect both are fake, better to buy from your country from big supplier, in my country there are 4-5 big ones like farnell, RS, Distrelec, Mouser..

Comment

Its isn't simple to buy from Mouser here, the importer require minimum of ~$15. I will try and find..
            Do you think there is a way to test IC2 if it is OK ?

OK. The store I got the 3x 0.22 Ohm doesn't have. I see 5x on eBay for $6. But I'll replace first, thats why I bought 2 in the first place.
            Last edited by Ancient1; 04-04-2022, 02:08 PM.

Comment

I have no information of that chip, and how to test it..

Comment

If this helps ...

I asked the eBay seller ( chinese ) if he sells like in the photo he put - blister pack. waiting for the reply
                Attached Files

Comment

i don't think that waiting others months helps much the repair, it's like cold pizza..

Comment

Hi

So I measured :
                    Both QF1 QF2 measure ~3Khz
                    All the AZ431 pins fluctuate V.
                    U2 Opto : Cold side 11.4V and 1.5mV , Hot side Conducts.
                    3rd IC2 measures are in the photo .

I replaced IC2 and still no High V.
                    I also measured IC3 pins but ...
                    I'm done. Finito.

Why shouldn't I use a good PSU board instead ? I need 24V to the BL , and 12V. I'll check price of new one now

P.S found good series in youtube "Howto repair switch mode power supplies".
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Ancient1; 04-07-2022, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Todah Rabah.

Comment

was it sealed?

Comment

Davi.P : "sealed" ?? you mean IC2 ? no, I used the 2nd one I bought.
                            I got no reply from the eBay seller who put a blister pack photo.

See Item 1005002778572497 in Aliexpress. Beside a regular resistor in place of the wire one, it looks identical.

Comment

you say 3rd, so it is 2nd.. for a board that cheap get it immediately.. for the ic2 i already said it is probably fake, no useful to mount another from same lot.

Comment

Ordered.
                                Expected delivery date : May 12.

I will try using the new to see where the difference to the old is. I'll keep you posted

Comment

WOW

First try ! I was prepared for a completely messed up image !!

Few anomalies :
                                  1. the "no Input" box insides split insides
                                  2. Few Horizontal lines showing

But the Menu looks totally normal

I will connect a laptop now, see how this go...
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Not Good

1. Horizontal lines
                                    2. Horizontal Areas
                                    3. Middle Vertical area seems darker

The last image (Van Gogh) painting is the original.

I'll try a video to see how it actually looks = usable.

What a saga

by the way. the new board has a 4 Ohm metal film axial Resistor, not wire resistor
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by Ancient1; 04-28-2022, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Sorry, the patient gone... Not good new because i have a tv with similar image
                                      for the 4 ohm resistor this can explain maybe the bad experiments around the pfc area..

Comment

I tried a youtube video too, but clearly , the image is very bad
                                        I offered a guy to give him the TV, but its not worth the effort. Clearly unusable

I flipped the TV image vs the Laptop, for better appreciation.
                                        The white strip is in fact where we ripped the Tab off.

The new board R was 4 Ohm and the Wire one ~2 .

I'll take out what I can and put for sale. I doubt I'll get back what money I spent on it - ~$80.
                                        Oh well. Was very interesting ! Thank you so much !!
                                        Attached Files

Comment

The white strip is in fact where we ripped the Tab off.
                                          this is interesting... indeed i was in doubt if ripping off all or only that tab on the side, but seeing this the tab must be removed all , those maybe interferes with others side, stupid me..
                                          the image on the ripped band appears ok..

Comment

Working...
                                          X