Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LG 42LC2RR HDMI audio distorted. Composite fine. Worked until today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 42LC2RR HDMI audio distorted. Composite fine. Worked until today.

Hi All,

I rescued an LG 42LC2RR TV from the trash and it's been running great for 3 months.

The last week there was a blast of distortion for a second when I played videos. Now the distortion is continuous.

I've tried two different devices (laptop and set top box) and two cables and all the same.

SCART to composite is working fine.

Changing the volume level on the laptop makes no difference to the sound level on the TV.

It's a shame because it's an old TV but the picture and sound are (were) great!

Any ideas?
    xgarb

Re: LG 42LC2RR HDMI audio distorted. Composite fine. Worked until today.

so the sound issue only happens when using hdmi scart etc is fine?

Comment

Yep. I tried a set top box over HDMI - sound distorted. Same box SCART plugged into composite on the telly and it's fine.

Comment

maybe suspect ic404 sta323aw digital audio chip on mainboard.

Comment

Seem to remember issues with EDID data causing sound issues through hdmi .. worth a Google search to download data

Comment

could try a factory reset, here's how to do it with the original remote, probably a way to do it without one, somehow: https://www.manualsdir.com/manuals/3...r.html?page=76

Comment

could try a simple one, unplug tv, hold power button on tv in for 30 seconds, let go, retry tv.

Comment

I tried the reset in the screen menu but it doesn't seem to do anything at all. Tried a few other things which didn't work.

I then tried holding down the power button with the TV switched on. After 10 secs it switched off and now the audio works again! It was a bit scratchy to start but seems OK now.

Will see how it goes.

Comment

gladd to hear it.

Comment

Working...
                  X