Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Server power supplies.. uh oh

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
    Well the 800W in win you sold me? The fan is already going out. and that's supposed to be a good power supply.
    Should've said something sooner - I don't offer that 90 day warranty for nothing. Expired now by a couple weeks.

I'd just replace the fan and run it some more.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
      It's kinda funny I can pick up a decent 300W FSP with Teapos for around £10 here (used price.) They work fine and can do 300W and have line filtering. It's silly to risk hundreds in hardware to save a few bucks, but if you're not going to listen to any advice why did you bother making a post?
      because im a useless retard thats why i wonder too... it was supposed to be more of a joke but ive decided im going to use the crap psu's until i can order a bunch of seasonic ss-300es

Comment

Remind me not to host anything with you, ever. You were given good reasons why that supply should never be used in a server, and your response is that you're going to use it anyway. Hah!
        Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

i guess if he wants to create a whole rack full of e scrap its his stuff to kill.
          i would load test those at the shop...
          out on the loading dock where they wont stink the place up when they go BANG!

Comment

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
            This #@&? can suck in every other way may as well use junk power supplies.
            Not sure why I even made this thread lol
            Then it's not a server and shouldn't be used as such. I also don't know why you'd make this thread. Surely, you could see what was coming.
            I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

"Power supplies cheap"

Includes "parsley."
              "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
              Originally posted by shango066
              All style and no substance.
              Originally posted by smashstuff30
              guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
              guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment