Pls, help me for Ambit T501045.00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pls, help me for Ambit T501045.00

My Dell W1700 is dead again. Ihave buy from Lcdpart a new backlight inverter, but after 15 days is dead also. So i resend for exchange. At today my wonderful screen is blank. How i can for repair the original backlight inverter? It have two Teapo caps 220uf 25V 105°. I attach a pic of inverter failure. Hope in your help....
    Attached Files

Re: Pls, help me for Ambit T501045.00

I think you should make sure the capacitors, when replacing them, will be following type:
    PPS (Poly Phenelene Sulfide).

In general they offer a higher temperature range, and can deliver a higher current.

Comment

I have found broken Q80 2 Fused and two condensers c80-c43
      is q80 a 4600 what it is? a MOSFET?

Comment

hi
        where I can purchase on Internet the four HEXFETs 4600 of the inverter Ambit T501045.00
        Can I replace them with equivalent?
        thanks for the answer
        mario

Comment

does nobody respond?
          please
          thanks

Comment

I got some at Mouser electronics www.mouser.com I don't remember how I got the cross ref. but I ended up with part #512-FDS8958A . I am not 100% sure this is correct as I still am trying to figure out why it blew the new 80 cent apiece fuses as soon as I hooked it to power.I have two of these boards on my desk and I replaced both caps and fuses on both Found 2 shorted Mosfets changed all four(man that was tough) I still have two piece of s--t for inverters. But my soldering skills are getting better I only have two 2nd degree burn blisters on my hand now. Good Luck!
            I am pretty good at keeping a secret,it's the people I tell that can't keep their mouth shut!

Comment

I"ve discovered a lot of dissapointment around this dell screen.
              Sound, power, video, and inverter, all with problems.
              These guys offer the inverter board,
              http://stores.ebay.com/MoniServ-Inc-...QQftidZ2QQtZkm
              and tubes.
              Jim

Comment

I have no hair on my head or I would have pulled it all out trying to figure out WHY the fuses blow on these two inverter boards I have here,when everything I check against a working board appears to be good to go.
                I guess I am going to bite the bullet and cut my loss and buy 2 new inverters. This is one severely over engineered piece of s--t and I'll just bet I am not alone in my thinking.
                I have read all the posts on here and no one really says why (other than the bad caps) ,that there is any other reason it craps out.
                The one thing I have learned about electronics is ,if you change all the stuff that checks out bad ,there is some other little part hiding on the board somewhere laughing it's ass off watching you go crazy trying to find it,I am almost there,crazy that is.
                I usually am not a quitter but I have about had enough of looking at this trying to figure what is common to both sides of this inverter that connects them both together that could blow both fuses at the same time.
                I am pretty good at keeping a secret,it's the people I tell that can't keep their mouth shut!

Comment

I am just about ready to give up and connect this inverter up without fuses and maybe .....I will see where the problem is ,hate the thought of frying those new mosfets but they are not doing me any good like this unless somebody has a better idea I,m gonna do it.

Comment

well dont know about those inverters but the transformers have been known to go.

I do remember a discussion (don't think it on these forums) about this
                    it was advise to put new ones in as well...(like if you can find them)
                    (in one model inverter)

If fuses are popping then it obviously too much current being drawn this means a fault is still there ..the question is why
                    and no I DO NOT recommend what you are suggesting.

is that company still around (lcdpart)...sort of remember they got some bad press

The one thing I have learned about electronics is ,if you change all the stuff that checks out bad ,there is some other little part hiding on the board somewhere laughing it's ass off watching you go crazy trying to find it,I am almost there,crazy that is.
                    I like that , and yeah when you do its always something simple.

mostly for the cost of the Boards its the quick way to get them going...
                    playing board jockey.
                    beats going bald I guess

Anyway "no real constructive input" but yeah transformers have been know to crap out with inverters
                    there is a long thread or two around here on these I think
                    but I think by the sounds you have read it.

Cheers
                    You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you may be swept off to." Bilbo Baggins ...

Comment

Working...
                    X