Is the 'Adobe' site down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the 'Adobe' site down?

I've been having strange error messages in Windows XP, so I decided to wipe the drive and start fresh. After two days of loading software (not constantly!), I'm 99 percent there, except that I have no Flash or Adobe Reader installed. I've been trying to connect to the Adobe sit, but I always 'time out'. Can anyone else here connect to Adobe? Thanks!

Re: Is the 'Adobe' site down?

No problem from Italy, I can connect to adobe.com without problem.

Ciao
    Gianni
    "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins...Not through strength, but through persistence."
    H. J. Brown

Comment

Damn ten minute time-out... here attached the site open in my browser.

Ciao
      Gianni
      Attached Files
      "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins...Not through strength, but through persistence."
      H. J. Brown

Comment

Seems to be working. Did you wipe all traces of your browser. I know firefox likes to dig up previous settings sometimes even if they're corrupted it won't mind using them for your new installation.
        Rubycon Rubycon Rubycon

Comment

>> Is the 'Adobe' site down <<
          If they are using their own software they probably locked up the server.
          Mann-Made Global Warming.
          - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
          -
          You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
          -

Comment

Well, I disabled my 'hardware' firewall, and I was able to get right on to Adobe. With the 'hardware' firewall enabled, my browser times out. I don't have Adobe blocked or anything, and I can get to any other site but Adobe with the 'hardware' firewall enabled. Hmmm....

Comment

They are probably sending 'extra data' through an 'unusual' port.
              You hardware firewall catches it and blocks.
              - Just a thought.
              Mann-Made Global Warming.
              - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
              -
              You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
              -

Comment

Working...
              X