X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESR meter upgrades

that looks like aT3,
    it should work on it.
    put a 16MHz crystal on it - that will give it a good upgrade.

Comment

Its pretty hard to ID them, most T3 google images show the battery cables under the LCD, but there are still a couple of differences to mess it all up.

Anyhow, great! I'll likely test with the 8MHz first. And while waiting for the rotary encoder, can I go ahead and flash the test file first? Will basic functions still work with the std button?

Comment

test file is o.k. but dont go into the menu - you will get stuck.

Comment

Just in case, I need to revert or reflash back to recover... are there any dump of the original factory default software/firmware that came with these T3/T4?

Comment

there is this, but i dont think it's original
            https://yadi.sk/d/yW8xa5NJgUo5z/LCR-T4(T3)

Comment

Hi all, is this one any good to get ? gm328rhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2016-EZM32...sAAOSwtJZXU~VA

or should I get the gm328a? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-versi...kAAOSwHnFV2EJw

Thanks.
              Last edited by GoNz0; 06-08-2016, 04:45 AM.

Comment

the 2016 328R looks good.
                rotary encoder etc already fittted.
                if they had put a programming header on it, it would have been perfect!

another good option is the banggood unit that has an optional case.
                http://www.banggood.com/DIY-M12864-G...-p-997023.html

or the case may fit the ebay model.
                i hope you notice they are both KITS you need to build.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post

Yep so long as they come with destructions I am fine with soldering & would rather save the fiver along with an excuse to get the solder station out

Can either have a header fitted for programming should I need it later down the line?

initial use will be testing caps on my broken UPS.

Thanks for helping.

Comment

you can put a header on with jump wires - unfortunatly they didnt route the tracks to any pads for one.

i'v said this to people before, but put a good 16MHz crystal on it.
                    you will increase the accuracy, and enable the crystal/resonator tester.
                    (needs a software upgrade.)

on that subject - if you dont have a programmer yet.
                    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272041588746

Comment

you can put a header on with jump wires - unfortunatly they didnt route the tracks to any pads for one.

i'v said this to people before, but put a good 16MHz crystal on it.
                      you will increase the accuracy, and enable the crystal/resonator tester.
                      (needs a software upgrade.)

on that subject - if you dont have a programmer yet.
                      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272041588746
                      So the bangood DIY M12864
                      USB Programmer
                      And what 16mhz crystal do you suggest -/+10ppm I saw a few pages back?

Thanks.
                      Last edited by GoNz0; 06-08-2016, 08:54 AM.

Comment

yep, and not a full 49' type, a low profile one.

you can probably salvage one from some junk

Comment

How difficult would the build be for an electronics amateur like myself ? (AKA how good are the instructions, if there are any)
                          better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Comment

how should i know - i dont know your skills or equipment.

so what iron and experience do you have?

Comment

Soldering not the concern, rather assembly of components to PCB, what goes where

No need to respond further, found one of the reviewers had posted assembly video
                              better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Comment

Originally posted by pfrcom View Post
                                Soldering not the concern, rather assembly of components to PCB, what goes where

No need to respond further, found one of the reviewers had posted assembly video
                                can you link the video? as i may look into this upgrade too many thanks.

Comment

Before I reprogram my T3, I traced the programming pad and found the RESET pad is not connected to the atmega328 reset pin. Instead it goes to pin 30 (rxd/pcint16/pd0) see attached pic.

Shouldn't the programming pad RESET be connected to pin 29 (RESET)?
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by bc989; 06-10-2016, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                                    can you link the video?
                                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSLW...ature=youtu.be

Comment

thanks theres some good videos on his page.

Comment

Originally posted by bc989 View Post
                                        Before I reprogram my T3, I traced the programming pad and found the RESET pad is not connected to the atmega328 reset pin. Instead it goes to pin 30 (rxd/pcint16/pd0) see attached pic.

Shouldn't the programming pad RESET be connected to pin 29 (RESET)?
                                        can you double-check those pads, they use that to program them after assembly.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

about that video - NEVER BEND THE FUCKING WIRES OVER.
                                          it makes stuff much harder to remove again without damaging the pads.

damn i hate these amateur video's teaching people bad stuff.

and make sure you use 99% IPA to remove all the flux afterwards.
                                          it may not seem important usually, but on something like this, it can effect the readings!
                                          Last edited by stj; 06-10-2016, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X