keyboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keyboards

i was using the microsoft comfort curve 3000 keyboards since about 2 years but i changed recently to microsoft wired keyboard 200 which takes slightly more effort to type but i make hardly any mistakes. i was making lots of mistakes with the comfort curve. its funny cos this keyboard is the cheapest one. i am really happy to have found this.
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Re: keyboards

^ Both of those are too "flat" for me to use. I prefer the older "clicky" keyboards with long strokes. Currently using a Logitech Deluxe 104 model Y-SA2 as my main keyboard. Decent weight and just the right keystroke length IMO. Uses rubber domes with built-in switch contacts, so it has a slightly different feel from other rubber dome keyboards (in a good way). Key wobble is a bit on the high side, but the keys won't ever jam no matter how you press them, so it's very nice for both typing and gaming. It came with its own hand rest bar. Probably the most comfortable keyboard I have ever used. I've had it since 1999 and planning on keeping it as long as possible.

On my second main computer, I'm using a Dell QuiteKey RT7D5JTW keyboard. I pretty much agree with everything in the post on the link above. They have a great feel, very long and firm keystrokes (yet not too firm to make your fingers/wrists hurt from use). Very little key wobble and keys won't jam. I just don't know why Dell called it "QuietKey". If anything, it should have been called "LOUDKEY" (though, "ReliableKey" would have been suitable too IMO). I just got another one for free this week. Looks pristine after washing. I think I'll be able to get more through work soon (when the IT decides to do another clean-up).

Comment

Main rig:

I had been using a microshaft internet keyboard of some sort (with a USB to PS/2 adapter), but then dum-dum here FUBAR'd it when I tried to give it a cleaning. If Cherry made any PS/2 (or USB with PS/2 adapter compatibility) and volume buttons, then I may grab one of those.

HP D530: some USB microsoft keyboard with a real fingerprint scanner. I got it for peanuts at a thrift store and that's where I use it at.

I also have a Dell Bluetooth keyboard for my laptop... and a G4 Era Mac keyboard for my two macs.

I have other keyboards as well... I have a couple of those bulky ergo microsoft ones (one with hotkeys and a USB hub), two HP media keyboards (one USB w/ hub, one PS/2), and a bunch of generic PS/2/AT keyboards. With the exeption of the usb HP keyboard and the hotkey ergo keyboard, these other ones I don't like as much... they are just freebie/spare units I've aquired over the past few years (or main rig keyboards I tried and didn't work out).

I like the clickier ones myself... I don't like the majority of the new ones (with no key stroke).
      sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

i use a microsoft sidewinder x4 keyboard
        My Computer.
        AMD APU A4-3300 2.5ghz 1mb cache
        Motherboard GigaByte GA-A75M-S2V
        Kingston HyperX Blue DDR3 8GB (2x4GB)

SB Audigy 2 ZS [B800] Sound Card
        500GB WD Caviar® Blue™
        1 Terabyte WD Caviar® Black™
        2 Terabyte WD Caviar® Black™

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
          I don't like the majority of the new ones (with no key stroke).
          Same here. I can't type worth a penny on those flat keyboards. They make my wrists hurt more too because I cannot rest my fingers at all on any of the keys without pressing them. Also, do they make these new keyboards out of foam or something? They feel feather-light. I have to keep chasing them on my desk as I type. Not like my Logitech Deluxe 104 with a thick metal plate for a bottom - now that's quality! They can probably make a hundred iPhone 5s if I turned it in for recycling - but I won't!
          Last edited by momaka; 01-09-2013, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X