Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell INSPIRION 15 7567 BSOD

Originally posted by jasko_jacker View Post
    I soldered a new dual mosfet , changed the burnt coil and replace the inductor. Now at the end of PL901 there is 1.4V . all that remains is to replace the capacitor (19V to GND) with an appropriate value, which value do you recommend?
    No problem with down side. My problem with top side.

this ? probably wrong or my dead resistor give my technician wrong value?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by chorumluum View Post
      No problem with down side. My problem with top side.

this ? probably wrong or my dead resistor give my technician wrong value?
      Pl500 0 Ohm is correct (Pl is not measured in Ohm but in Henry).
      But what's your problem ? missing ddr4 voltage ?
      To understand this part of the circuit you must find the datasheet of the A0S70S controller and you must find the missing signals with the motherboard powered. A damaged resistance hardly changes its value is more likely to be shorted or non-conductive.

Comment

Pl500 0 Ohm is correct (Pl is not measured in Ohm but in Henry).
        But what's your problem ? missing ddr4 voltage ?
        To understand this part of the circuit you must find the datasheet of the A0S70S controller and you must find the missing signals with the motherboard powered. A damaged resistance hardly changes its value is more likely to be shorted or non-conductive.
        No when i push the open button the light open but no fan action or screen or beep. Shoutdown automaticly.

Comment

If you connect the adapter and you don't push the power button the battery led is on ?
          Have you try to reprogramm bios or EC ?

Comment

SOLVED
            Having no information on the components, I replaced the damaged capacitor on the PQ900 -> DRAIN-> GND with
            a value of 10 mF. After installing win10 the video card and its memory are detected correctly. The ACPI BSOD message is resolved without reprogramming the bios
            Attached Files

Comment

i talked with my techician and he told me wrong resistor actually he need to this arrow resistor can you help me? And they type like 1206?
              SOLVED
              Having no information on the components, I replaced the damaged capacitor on the PQ900 -> DRAIN-> GND with
              a value of 10 mF. After installing win10 the video card and its memory are detected correctly. The ACPI BSOD message is resolved without reprogramming the bios
              Attached Files

Comment

With the components in place the measurements regards a network of components not only the component to detect
                Attached Files

Comment

With the components in place the measurements regards a network of components not only the component to detect
                  Replacing to resistor but we give to energy only 0.13 amp 19.7 volts. Other engineer check now for short circut. Can you give me any suggest for testing?

Comment

up

Comment

I had a very similar fault to this on the same motherboard. With a Windows 10 USB boot disk, you'd get to the spinning dots for a brief moment and it'd restart. It ran Ubuntu Linux though, but this was only using the Intel GPU, not the Nvidia GPU. It wasn't even detected.

When I took the board out, PL900 had burnt up. It's a choke, inline with +B supply that feeds the +1.35VS_VGA buck converter. Turned out one of the caps PC902/903 was shorted. It turned out to be the one on the underside of the board. So replaced that and PL900 with one off a donor board, and all working ok.

Obviously Windows 10 crashed because it couldn't initialise the Nvidia GPU. Ubuntu just didn't care.

Comment

Originally posted by reformatt View Post
                        I had a very similar fault to this on the same motherboard. With a Windows 10 USB boot disk, you'd get to the spinning dots for a brief moment and it'd restart. It ran Ubuntu Linux though, but this was only using the Intel GPU, not the Nvidia GPU. It wasn't even detected.

When I took the board out, PL900 had burnt up. It's a choke, inline with +B supply that feeds the +1.35VS_VGA buck converter. Turned out one of the caps PC902/903 was shorted. It turned out to be the one on the underside of the board. So replaced that and PL900 with one off a donor board, and all working ok.

Obviously Windows 10 crashed because it couldn't initialise the Nvidia GPU. Ubuntu just didn't care.
                        Hi reformatt, I believe I have the exact same issue on my 7567 - I'm in contact with Dell on a replacement board but expect it to be significantly priced. I also live in Aus (down in Melbourne) so was wondering as an alternative if I could commission you to repair the fault in my laptop? I was going to PM you but don't have permissions yet due to being brand new to the forums. Cheers!

Comment

Attached are some photos of the damage. The fault was the capacitor underneath going short, which blew the inductor on the top side. Have a look in this area of the board to see if you have the same fault. That one hasn't come back since it was repaired.

I'm up in Noosa if you want to send it to me.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks mate - I figured out how to send you a PM in the interim as well

I'll get to work disassembling the unit tonight to check and upload some photo's. Cheers!

Comment

I have the same problem with my dell 7567 PL900 is burned out so ig you all can help me because no one in my country know how to solve the problem

Comment

Working...
                              X