HP BIOS unlock tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP BIOS unlock tool

First check this site to see if your HP is supported for the great tool Mazzif has made.

http://mazzifsoftware.blogspot.com/p...os-unlock.html

If your model is newer and not in that list, you need to dump your bios, remove password from dump and reprogram bios with modified dump.

For that you need an SPI programmer like CH341A or Raspberry Pi with Flashrom or any other similar programmer. A soic8 clip is also useful so there wouldn't be a need to unsolder bios IC.

When you have your dump, just drag and drop your file on my HPUnlocker tool and it will create a new file. It will add "_unlocked" to the name of your locked file.

Just program the new file on your bios IC.

This unlocker should work on all Elite, EliteBook, ProBook and maybe some other series HP laptops.

For those of you who need to unlock large amounts of laptops, I recommend adding a registry entry:
    Code:
    Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\HPUnlocker\command
    Then modify that string adding
    Code:
    "C:\*location-of-exe*\HPUnlocker.exe" "%1"
    This way you just need to right click your locked file and select HPUnlocker.

If there are any issues, please do let me know so I can improve this tool.

All Elitebooks, Probooks and zbooks which are up to ninth generation which should be up to year 2018, like 840 G5, are supported. Newer models are not supported (yet atleast).

No Pavilions or other trash is supported

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    NEW multitool and unlocker added .

Unlocking
    HP - ProBook, EliteBook, ZBook (including 32MB models)
    Chromebooks from all various manufacturers
    Apple - everything older than T2
    More to come...

RCUnlocker https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98539
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-17-2021, 02:12 AM.

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
    First check this site to see if your HP is supported for the great tool Mazzif has made.

http://mazzifsoftware.blogspot.com/p...os-unlock.html

If your model is newer and not in that list, you need to dump your bios, remove password from dump and reprogram bios with modified dump.

For that you need an SPI programmer like CH341A or Raspberry Pi with Flashrom or any other similar programmer. A soic8 clip is also useful so there wouldn't be a need to unsolder bios IC.

When you have your dump, just drag and drop your file on my HPUnlocker tool and it will create a new file. It will add "_unlocked" to the name of your locked file.

Just program the new file on your bios IC.

This unlocker should work on all Elite, EliteBook, ProBook and maybe some other series HP laptops.

For those of you who need to unlock large amounts of laptops, I recommend adding a registry entry:
    Code:
    Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\HPUnlocker\command
    Then modify that string adding
    Code:
    "C:\*location-of-exe*\HPUnlocker.exe" "%1"
    This way you just need to right click your locked file and select HPUnlocker.

If there are any issues, please do let me know so I can improve this tool.
    Thanks or great work i appreciate..
    Or how i contact you personal?
    Last edited by imranromi; 10-09-2019, 02:52 AM.

Comment

You can contact me by writing here, by sending me a personal message or by sending me an email through my profile here (click on my name -> send email).

I am working on some more tools, will try to post them aswell when I get them finished.
      Last edited by RethoricalCheese; 10-09-2019, 03:50 AM.

Comment

You can contact me by writing here, by sending me a personal message or by sending me an email through my profile here (click on my name -> send email).

I am working on some more tools, will try to post them aswell when I get them finished.
        I not have access or option i contact pm or email.Then i send you our email or request tool...

Comment

The tool works great for a HP 830 G5. It unlocks my Administration Password!

Thanx a lot!

Comment

Working on ProBook 6470b. Tool Mazzif is "unsupported".
            Thanx!

Comment

working on Elitebook 820 G3, thankyou!

Comment

thank you very much...
                internetpharmacydir.com

Comment

thank you

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Thanks for the nice work i really appreciate.
                      Will give feed back on every test.

Comment

hi
                        i download but not execut (Fatal error detected) - Failed to execute script HPUnlocker

Comment

Put it directly in C:/ or D:/ directory and don't use spaces or some strange characters in any names. I had the same problem when I had space in folder name (like "locked bios" should be changed to "locked_bios").

I can't really fix that problem because I usually don't write computer programs so I don't know much about such problems.

I will try to fix it one day but I have some other BIOS unlocking projects right now.

Comment

Not working

Comment

Hello This tool work with old Models ProBook and EliteBook like 8460p with old bios version the last version this tool won't work hp have the generator of SMC file

Comment

Msdalaa, what is not working? Send me your file, I will check.

Foulou0238, no, it works with newer versions too, like 840 G1, G2, G3 etc. Look at previous comments. If it didn't work with your file, send me your file, please.
                                Last edited by RethoricalCheese; 10-22-2019, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Msdalaa, what is not working? Send me your file, I will check.

Foulou0238, no, it works with newer versions too, like 840 G1, G2, G3 etc. Look at previous comments. If it didn't work with your file, send me your file, please.
                                  I check this tool work for me 840 g3 100% without error

Comment

Hi
                                    i tried to open the tool but it doesn't work (Ftatl errer)
                                    this is my hp probook file
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by msdalaa View Post
                                      Hi
                                      i tried to open the tool but it doesn't work (Ftatl errer)
                                      this is my hp probook file
                                      You need just pick file and drop tool and done

Comment

Just used it and works fine.

Did you put HPUnlocker.exe in C:\ or D:\ directory? If your directory has spaces or maybe some strange letters in it, it will give the error you wrote as I wrote before.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X