Win 95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Win 95

I have a question about Win 95. Will the Win 95 OS CD install support cold booting from the CD ROM to install the OS or do I have to install DOS first? I just want to play around with 95 on another hard drive that I have here. If I need DOS first I'm screwed as I nolonger have a copy of same.
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
    Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
    John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
    Rod Serling

Re: Win 95

I think there are cd bootable versions but since few systems back then allowed booting from a CD you had to insert a boot floppy first. It might work straight from the CD in a newer system and I'm pretty sure that the retail versions that were not upgrades contained everything you needed to install Windows 95.
    Find Nedry!

Check the Vending machines!!

<----Computer says I need more beer.

Comment

OSR2 should. I don't know about original. You could make the hard drive bootable and copy the win95 files to cd. That way you just boot off the HD into DOS and run setup.

Comment

@ Junk: is a dos bootdisk enough for you?

Zandrax
        Have an happy life.

Comment

The only Win95 CDs I've seen that are not bootable were wrongly copied pirated ones.

Comment

Working...
          X