ME BIOS cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ME BIOS cleaning

I have this laptop who had some short in power lines and bios failure.I repaired short and i found some bios dump on the internet..and laptop would start..but with problems...the bios logo would turn on after 15 seconds or more...and it wouldnt install graphic card drivers (not recognised) so in bios i had only basic display adapter.
    So i used Intel ME/TXE Injector to clean ME region. i have to mention that this is my first time to clean ME region. So i picked first Suitable ME version that program displayed (but not the same number as my BIOS ME version).
    Now everything is ok, bios logo is up in 2 seconds, graphic card drivers installed...but one problem ...Intel Management Engine Interface is showing mark ! with error Code 10. i tried to install few other drivers...but after 30 seconds it goes back to error code 10. And i have to mention that i didnt have this error on not cleaned BIOS (that one with problems above).

So, what am i doing wrong? Did i have to use ME version with exact number as BIOS (even though the program is saying that others are suitable also) Or something else?
    thx
    Last edited by myth77; 10-07-2019, 03:45 AM.

Re: ME BIOS cleaning

You need to reinstall the windows ME driver .Get the driver from the laptops support page or use the latest from win-raid https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/in...ols-2-15/30719
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-07-2023, 08:46 AM. Reason: edited winraid link
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

i did install Intel Management Engine Interface driver from laptop support page and again code 10 error was 30 seconds off then showed again in device manager..
      Last edited by myth77; 10-07-2019, 05:10 AM.

Comment

I don't recommend using this method to clean ME region since it doesn't keep the configuration set by the manufacturer. Better use Intel FITC. Follow win-raid tutorial (or some Youtube video…)

You can also try
        Code:
        fptw64 -greset
        Using Intel FPT.

Also it could be that you used an incompatible version. Report MEAnalyzer for both the original dump and the cleaned dump.
        OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

ORIGINAL:

CLEANED:

original bios attached
          Attached Files
          Last edited by myth77; 10-07-2019, 01:14 PM.

Comment

9.0.30.1482_1.5MB_PRD_RGN.bin is available so use that one instead.
            OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
              9.0.30.1482_1.5MB_PRD_RGN.bin is available so use that one instead.
              yeah, that did the trick...thx. But... when i installed it...everything was ok except when try to install graphic driver....error no compatible hardware detected...first i tried to reinstall chipset driver...but still same errorr...then i flashed bios...and finally gpu detected and driver installed...For now everything seems to be in working order...

Oh, one more thing, probably you are right and in the future i should use intel FITC for cleaning ME, but can you send me some youtube link on how to?

Thank you!
              Last edited by myth77; 10-08-2019, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X