GTX1060m top capacitors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTX1060m top capacitors?

I received asus laptop, unknown history, shorted on 19v...fixed...When i turn it on i could see picture but with dots/artifacts on the screen..and so on..Probably the reason is dead gpu but...with eye inspection i could see that more then a half of capacitors from gpu chip is missing. So, to be clear...capacitors from top of the gpu chip are missing. It looks like someone remove it by force.
    I would like to solder a new capacitors just to see if that is the problem...but i am not sure what capacitors to use...mostly not sure are they all the same capacitors?!
    So, is there anyway to know what capacitors are used on the top of the gpu? all boardviewers and schmematics are for the motherboards...and they do not show the details of the gpu chip.
    thx
    Last edited by myth77; 04-27-2020, 04:33 AM.

Re: GTX1060m top capacitors?

carefully heat the GPU chip, use the flux paste and see what happens.
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Take same size capacitors from a dead GPU from the same family. They are fairly generic parts. I know for a fact a GPU should happily run with most of them removed, though.
      Originally posted by PeteS in CA
      Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
      A working TV? How boring!

Comment

The caps are very small and the chip has excellent thermal built which will make it very difficult to solder the caps if you do not have the right tools. Such as microscope and soldering tweezer tips. Or a bga soldering station

I have checked some of 1060 caps a while ago and they were including 100nf and 0.1uf. But cannot recall there positions.
        Last edited by Weelcup; 05-10-2020, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X