Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asus x570D got damaged when connected battery(?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus x570D got damaged when connected battery(?)

Hi everyone !.
    I bought an Asus laptop with battery connector ripped off. Laptop was running fine with that fault. I cut battery ends to solder where they are supposed to be . Tested with multimeter Wich one was gnd. Followed connector colors also. Everything went fine . When connected to test it laptop was not Turning on anymore ,no lights of any kind . But I noticed heat coming from beneath the board . Disassembled and desoldered battery . Tested for short between gnd and positive , nothing. Located source of heat , it seems to be a Dual-Channel Synchronous DC/DC Step-Down Controller model RT8249CGQW (not sure if is correct) (2N=5G S09 markings on surface,). Tested 19v, 5 and 3.3v , only had 19v present , seems that IC is fried . My question is how was that posible ? Maybe was at fault before? AFAIK battery has no direct connection with that IC , so maybe battery charger is the main reason of that fault that damaged the RT8249CGQW, if so then I need a schematic ,which already posted in respective subforum. What do you think ?
Working...
X