Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baird TI4909DLEDDS - cant exit Burn in mode

Guys

Short story - I have the above Tv with T.MS3463S.U851 mainboard and samsung panel. When powered on, it sits in factory burn in mode, cycling through full screen colours.

Long story - got the set over a year ago, and it had duff LEDS, so replaced the strips. When it was powered back on, it went into the factory burn in mode. Could not find out how to exit (and Menu 1147 did not work) I bought a used main PCB off the bay and all was good.

Foolishly, I did not take a copy of the eeprom.

So - now a few caps in the PSU have failed, so the set wont start. Replaced the bad caps and now the set is back in burn in mode!

Question - does anyone know how to get the set into the factory menu (Menu 1147 not working) and initialise the board?

Plan B is to buy another used mainboard and this time do the smart thing and read the eeprom before fitting...

This set must be oh so sensitive for eeprom corruptions...

Thanks in advance for your help.

David

Re: Baird TI4909DLEDDS - cant exit Burn in mode

Check if the LVDS cable is well inserted into the T-CON and MAIN, if the contact is poor, the panel may go into diagnostic mode.

Comment

Try exit on the remote or power button on the TV itself.

Comment

Thanks Neil and Lotas

I have tried both to no avail.

There must be a sequence to get into factory mode....just need to keep Googling I expect for combinations for every user of the mainboard and hopefully find it....

David

Comment

Hmm... for some reason I have it in my mind that you have to let the TV set finish the burn in mode and cant be exited.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
            Hmm... for some reason I have it in my mind that you have to let the TV set finish the burn in mode and cant be exited.
            Thats an option... I had never thought of that!

I wonder if its like, 24hours or so.... will no doubt be a lengthy wait. I did notice it "chimed" after a period of time... wonder if that then indicates that an exit is possible....

I will give it a go.

Given my experience with the set, it really feels like the mainboard is somewhat fragile to power quality and unexpected outages.

David

Comment

on the tv has it a source or input button if so hold for 5 seconds if not try holding standby for 5 seconds

Comment

I had a RCA or Haier stuck in aging mode and I had to buy a main board, read the eeprom, reflashed the bad one, and resold the board.

Comment

Originally posted by neilc6 View Post
                  I had a RCA or Haier stuck in aging mode and I had to buy a main board, read the eeprom, reflashed the bad one, and resold the board.
                  Funny you say that - I ordered a mainboard off the bay for exactly that tactic!

Will post the bin when I do it to help future folks...

David

Comment

Originally posted by URL View Post
                    Funny you say that - I ordered a mainboard off the bay for exactly that tactic!

David
                    Board arrived.... cant get a clean read off the eeprom (fails verify each time).... so back on the search for a bin.... or live dangerously with the replacement board until the next time!

David

Comment

Are you removing it from the board to read it?

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                        Are you removing it from the board to read it?
                        No - was trying to read in-situ... If I read the "duff" board, it reads and verifies in-situ without error - that verifies the proggy and board interference... I hope!.

I did notice too that the two boards have different eeprom chips... and did ensure the proggy was set to the manufacturer's part number before read/write. They are both 24x64 chips.

David
                        Last edited by URL; 07-24-2021, 08:49 AM.

Comment

This board has SPI flash 25Q64

Comment

There can be interference from other components sometimes when reading the chip in situ.
                            Maybe post photos so we can see the differences.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                              This board has SPI flash 25Q64

Agreed, yes, my typo with 24.... the proggy sees them as two different manufacturers hence device numbers differ.

I will see if I get two mins to desolder the chip and try again.

Comment

Working...
                              X