HP Z200 PSU Delta DPS-320KB-1 DEAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP Z200 PSU Delta DPS-320KB-1 DEAD

Visually it looked OK so I gave it a go. But now its not working as it should I will make it my next step. I don't have a cap meter so I hope the last electronic store in the surroundings can check it for me.
    Can components, like diodes or resistors that I find near the TNY become bad and lead to the described behaviour?

Comment

Yes they can, I would monitor the 5VSB and see if it goes down when the computer turns off.
      So you know which part of the PSU it is that turns off, remember that the standby and main PSU are like two different power supplies.
      They do however depend on each other, well, the main usually depends on the standby that is.
      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

I measured the pins on the 20 pin connector after taking it out of the PC. With the scheme of this custom build connector by HP I could find the 12V pins (gave a nice stable 12,12V and did not switch off) but I could not measure any 5V on the designated pin, was just 0,0V. A 3,3 line is not available in this connector. The 5V must have been working otherwise I could not have started up the system. Is there any explaination that the 5V was not up on the pin?

Comment

Working...
        X