Windows 10 Update 1709 Stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10 Update 1709 Stuck

This update didn't have any trouble on my MSI laptop or my Lenovo IdeaPad, but on my ThinkPad T430 I'm having a heck of a time getting "Feature Update to Windows 10, Version 1709" to install. All of the computers were running version 1703 previously.

Basically when I try to update it, either by clicking "update and restart" button in the start menu power menu, or directly from within Windows Update, it just restarts my computer like normal.

I have tried running the "Windows Update troubleshooter" and clearing Windows 10 update cache as per this article, because I assumed the download was corrupted (the computer was restarted/shut down many times during the download process for other reasons, and I actually went from HDD to SSD via cloning partway through that process). So it's definitely possible the download was corrupt.

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-cl...in-windows-10/

When I did those steps, it deleted multiple gigs of stuff, so it worked, but Window Update still thinks the update is ready. I can't run Windows Update again to get it to realize it's not because it just says the update is ready to install, and even after restarting several times, the start menu still shows "update and restart" though I suspect the update is now deleted...

What do I do? Reinstalling OS is not an option I just finished setting everything up on here.
    Last edited by shovenose; 11-06-2017, 10:25 AM.

Re: Windows 10 Update 1709 Stuck

just update it using this https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 site to download the update assistant it is way more easy and trouble free than the windows uptade

Comment

Re: Windows 10 Update 1709 Stuck

Totally forgot about that, thank you. It worked perfectly!

Comment

Working...
      X