HP BIOS unlock tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

Files look fine to me. Try writing again.

Comment

Originally posted by HobbyElectronicDude View Post
      1. Attempt to read out the Winbond W25Q128FVSQ-1442 on the board using a clip and CH341a (black) -> all attempts have failed

5. Powered the laptop and... BLACK -> Fans Spin, Keyboard and Led's light up but no startup to OS or BIOS

With the MEAnalizer, a CMD window pops up briefly and then closes again.

Hi, I'm not so expert, only my first experience, anyway:
      1. - - > did you try to Use clip with power supply connected? I had failure at first as well before doing in this way.

5.- - >could be not resoldered correctly? I don't really know, but try to connect power supply and after the clip on the chip (disconnected from usb PC) and check if the 5V LED on the miniprogrammer is lighting, if yes it means good connection with the chip, so it could mean the chip with the mb is soldered well.

MEAnalyzer: you need drop the file in the CMD window and enter... If the bin file is correct you should see some info in a table, if not some "invalidi.." message

Comment

A beautiful good morning,
        Thanks for the answers, here is another confirmed unlock from an EliteBook 850 G1, YAY!
        I don't know what went wrong on the last try. I removed the chip from the board again and read it out. The dump had many differences across the entire memory. So I deleted it again, flashed it, verified it with "ch341 Programmer" and "AsProgrammer" -> Both passed. Soldered in, power on and it boots.
        Many thanks to everyone involved for this interesting thread and especially for the "Unlocktool", great work!
        Best regards
        Ruedi

Comment

Originally posted by Ap78 View Post
          1. - - > did you try to Use clip with power supply connected?
          Yes, I tested all the options I found. With and without battery, with and without power supply, with and without CMOS battery, with and without RAM, mixed, different software ... I never got a reading, not even a clean detection of the chip.

Originally posted by Ap78 View Post
          MEAnalyzer: you need drop the file in the CMD window and enter... If the bin file is correct you should see some info in a table, if not some "invalidi.." message
          I was able to solve this Problem too. Sometimes it makes sense to read the readme, after all, someone has bothered to explain how the program works and what the requirements are.

Comment

Originally posted by tlfrance View Post
            Hello,
            I've successfull removed bios pwd on my 840 G3 with your utility and CH341A programmer. I've soldered 8 wires around bios chip and did the job
            How difficult was this? I have an 840 G3 that needs the password removed too.

Comment

Originally posted by rupupuni View Post
              That depends on your soldering skills. But due to the fact that you're asking, you'd better get someone to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by rupupuni View Post
                Due to my poor soldering skills, I used a clip soic.

Comment

840 G3 has wson8 chip so clip can't be used here.

Comment

@RethoricalCheese thank you for HPUnlocker_v1 and all your efforts !!!

This worked for an HP 850 G1 . ( with the bios chip desoldered, did not work to dump it in circuit )
                    Bios version -L71 Ver. 01.44

I've just drag and dropped the rom dump file( of the password locked bios) over the HPUnlocker_v1 icon and got the unlocked file version in the same directory.

Also, for whom does not have memory flashing/reading tool, they can use a raspberry and follow the method stated https://forums.mydigitallife.net/thr...il-test.56701/ .

If you don't have the necessary zif socket for the chip, as a last resort, you can try using logic analyzer probes as seen in the attach picture, but make super sure probes are not touching. I don't take any responsibility if you destroy your electronics. Its just an last resort ideea, on your own risk.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello all,

I'm back and try to remove the BIOS password from my EliteBook 840 G2. Here is a short summary of my previous activities:
                      - I tried first to read out the BIOS chip using a clip, no success
                      - I desoldered the chip from the mainboard and tried to read the content using different tools with a CH341A programmer and using flashrom with a Raspberry Pi 4. I've never got the same content, there where always differences, in the area between 00EB6000 and 00EB6FF0
                      - I've been adviced to buy a new chip and to flash this file: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=199
                      - I bought a new BIOS chip, was able to flash the mentioned file and to verify it. First soldered it back using wires, then again directly onto the mainboard. The laptop didn't boot at all. The LEDs of the caps lock and num lk buttons blinked, the backlight went on and then the laptop turned off.

Do you have any idea, what I could try else?

Comment

The blink code says "BIOS corrupt". I tried to do a BIOS recovery using an USB drive as described here https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833, no chance

Comment

Aren't there any suggestions? Is the mainboard finally bricked or is there any possibility to recover?

Comment

In your place I would flash the two previous dumps (CH341A and Flashrom) onto the new chip. Just to see if it works. If not, solder the original chip again, provided that the original BIOS is still on it. If you succeed with any of these options, you know where to start.
                            Last edited by HobbyElectronicDude; 06-24-2020, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Thank you...just unlocked ProBook 430 G5

Comment

works for me like a charm thanks a lot

Comment

works on 840 g3.thank you

Comment

hi
                                    i download but not execut (Fatal error detected) - Failed to execute script HPUnlocker
                                    pls guide me proper solution

Comment

Did you read how to use it?

Comment

No pls guide me

Comment

First post says to drag and drop your *.bin file on exe file.

Comment

Working...
                                          X