Bauhn ATVS58 Mainboard issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bauhn ATVS58 Mainboard issue

I had a Bauhn ATVS58 that was working except a cracked screen so I parted it out.

I sold the mainboard on ebay and now the guy is emailing me saying that it doesnt work?

It was working when I pulled the tv apart, so I am wondering...

He says the original board is "going in a loop" and when he puts my board in there is no power?

Why would there be no power from my mainboard and why is his in a loop?

Im a bit wary as there is little stopping people from buying my boards, saying they dont work and sending me back their originally bad board for a full refund.

From what i remember and see on the photo of it, any serial number or mac address etc is only on a sticker on the board, so if they swap them over I dont know what I can do to prove it isnt the one I sent, if thats what happens.

Not sure what to do apart from asking him if the box looked damaged when he got it. I know I wrapped it pretty well in bubble wrap etc.

Re: Bauhn ATVS58 Mainboard issue

Unfortunately that's one of the problems with selling parts. You can ask for a photo of his board and yours. I've had people buy for a model eg LG43LH5100 when in fact the set is an LG43LH5100-ZE which has a completly differnet mainboard.
    Or...it hasn't cured the fault so wishes to return it by claiming it doesn't work.

I guess you'll never know for sure.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

You could get something like this BUT like they say the buyer is never wrong on ebay, but it would let you know that they pulled the ole' switcheroo on you and you will know better than to do any more business with that buyer at least til they change their ebay I.D: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-in-1-Lumi...UAAOSwzcJdCh13

Comment

No anti static bag just bubble wrap?
        I put security stickers on the boards I sell, they are viable in the listing and so hopefully deter those hoping to commit fraud.

Comment

I don't sell anymore but when I did I also used tamper proof stickers on parts sent out and it did ensure that returns were my originals.

Comment

If I decide to give him a refund for the mainboard, whats the normal procedure?

He pays to send it back to me and I reimburse him the original purchase price + original amount paid for postage?

Or am I responsible for paying to have the board sent back to me as well?

Comment

You are responsible for return costs too.

Comment

Could be any number of problems, he may have a different issue than mainboard, might have also been damaged in shipping, best is to spring for a couple bux and get the insurance, it covers the whole cost, I seldom sell but I do get insurance and spring for the signed signature for delivery.

Comment

I saw when they had all the delivery companies and the usps on hidden camera, just kicking and slamming packages, to take out their frustrations or just because they are assholes? who knows BUT after that I always get them insured. NEVER get the usps insurance it's a joke.
                  Last edited by nomoresonys; 07-20-2020, 04:06 PM.

Comment

i used to mark the boards when i was selling them . if anyone said they wanted to return i would say send it back so i can check the security marks then issue a refund . nothing ever came back .

Comment

I guess Im mainly concerned about him misdiagnosing his issue and when the new board didnt fix the problem, wanting a refund when its not my issue.

He says that when he puts my board in he has no power.

That could mean anything I know, but how do I reconcile that?

Comment

All you can do is to put it down to experience. Have the board returned and check it for damage before refunding any monies.

Comment

I dont have the tv anymore so I cant even test it. a bit frustrating.

I have asked him for a photo of his board so I can see if he even ordered the right part.

Not much more I can do I guess

Comment

Have him send a pic. of both boards side by side so he isn't just sending a pic of your board back.

Comment

It's tough, you want to sell a board but you don't want it coming right back because of bad diagnoses, many times I have asked the buyer exactly what their symptoms were to try to get it right.

Comment

Im a little confused.

I asked him to send me a pic of the 2 cards together and he has sent me these photos.

They say the same model number but there are differences.

The cable connector next to the largest heat-sink is in a different position on both boards?

One has 2 black connectors on the side and and the other has 1?

Would this make one not work in the TV? I mean, the model number (CV630H-D) is the same, but I cant make out part number to check that.

Can anyone see anything in these photos that I should be suspicious of?

The board that is connected in the pics is his original board.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by RooTV; 07-23-2020, 02:20 AM. Reason: My bad spelling

Comment

You need to go by the P/N on the barcode sticker for the PCBA.
                                  Both PCB's have the same blank PCB # CV6308H-D, but the PCBA's are not the same.
                                  Blank PCB can be stuffed to make many PCBA for the needed TV models.
                                  From the look of the two boards, the board has option for 5 model of LCD panels as you can see, the LVDS connector is not installed at the same location, so it can be that the VCC pins are not the same location for the LCD panel, that can be big trouble.
                                  Last edited by budm; 07-23-2020, 03:16 AM.
                                  Never stop learning
                                  Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                  http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                                    From the look of the two boards, the board has option for 5 model of LCD panels as you can see, the two boards have difference location for the LVDS socket installed.
                                    so what you are saying is that my board is incompatible with his model tv and that is why it doesnt work for him as it was made for a different panel?

So in essence, you cant just order a new board on ebay just using the mainboard model number?
                                    Last edited by RooTV; 07-23-2020, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RooTV View Post
                                      so what you are saying is that my board is incompatible with his model tv and that is why it doesnt work for him as it was made for a different panel?

So in essence, you cant just order a new board on ebay just using the mainboard model number?
                                      You have blank PCB P/N and version printed on the board, CV6308H-D, then you have PCBA (PCB Assembly number) on the BARCODE sticker, as I indicate blank PCB can be stuffed to make many PCBA's for many TV models.
                                      You can also see that the LVDS connector is not installed at the same location, that main board can be made to be compatible with 5 kinds of LCD panel as needed for each TV model or series.
                                      I hope his T-CON board is not damaged when he plug his LVDS connector to your main board since VCC pin of the LVDS connector may not be the same pin out, or your main board can be damaged too.
                                      It is the same situation with the LED strips that we went through before.
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by budm; 07-23-2020, 03:33 AM.
                                      Never stop learning
                                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

hmmm

I have asked him for another photo of his "panel model" sticker to see if this is compatible or not. Even though as you are pointing out to me it probably isnt.

This is turning out to be an expensive lesson as I guess I will have to refund him the money he paid for the card, the postage he paid and probably the postage to get the card back to me, so I will be out of pocket on the deal.

Even when I get the card back I wont know if it is any good anymore as I dont have that tv anymore so I dont know how to test it.

Comment

Working...
                                        X