Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i to get rid of bing page upon start up from sleep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i to get rid of bing page upon start up from sleep?

Hi guys when i put pc to sleep and then wake it up and sign in it goes to bing page,i use google chrome default browser,i found this page to try to fix it but no avail,anything-else that you guys know i can do.Thanks

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...a-b260ab649461

Re: i to get rid of bing page upon start up from sleep?

set the homepage to none, or speed-dial or whatever

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      set the homepage to none, or speed-dial or whatever
      Thanks stj; I think i have fixed it,i clicked on edge app and removed bing and all apps app in that folder,and now all good,thanks
      Last edited by ivtec; 06-22-2020, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
        Thanks stj; I think i have fixed it,i clicked on edge app and removed bing and all apps app in that folder,and now all good,thanks
        Talked too soon,i can't get rid of it,it only shows when i return from sleep on log in.and i have it on chrome default browser.

Comment

maybe window$ is requesting it.
          what a coincidence - that they own bing!

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
            maybe window$ is requesting it.
            what a coincidence - that they own bing!
            I'm using version 1909 version, i did what is in this video but no avail. There is also video instructions on version 1903 that worked for some folks,i guess you are right it's embedded on these late versions windows,but only comes up if pc goes to sleep to login in back up,i guess i have to live with it,it only gets annoying i get to exit it out,i never use windows web browser.i like Chrome because i can get add blocks and in windows web browser they don't have it.I don't understand why windows try to make us use their bing crap this way,
            this is bullshit,if i could use 1903 version and it would not havve this biong shit i would go back,but i'm afraid most update software will not be there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KskwBR64hq4
            Last edited by ivtec; 06-23-2020, 10:40 AM.

Comment

they are trying to make Linux more popular!

Comment

My favorite BING https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JEryd3Y_G8
                My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Comment

run regedit and remove anything that says bing

Comment

or remove chrome and install slimjet

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
                      or remove chrome and install slimjet
                      I don't think running any other browser will do any different,you still have the sleep log in action

Comment

run regedit and remove anything that says bing
                        I tried all the videos on this and no avail.

Comment

STEP 1: Uninstall the malicious programs from Windows. ...
                          STEP 2: Use Malwarebytes to remove Potentially Unwanted Programs. ...
                          STEP 3: Use HitmanPro to scan for malware and unwanted programs. ...
                          STEP 4: Double-check for malicious programs with Zemana AntiMalware Free. ...
                          STEP 5: Reset the browser settings to their original defaults.

Comment

as far as i know bing is a browser add on .. it should be easy to uninstall remove ...and in case it refuses to go away if you install slimjet browser you can change lots more things than you can in chrome .

Comment

but if the o.s. calls the application with a string such as "$browser & $page=https://www.bing.com&region=us&lang=eng"

then your stuffed!!

Comment

edit that line out then .computers do as they are told . or do as i did years ago and install ubuntu alongside then run a virus check . scan actually advised me to delete windows as its a virus .. i should have got a screenshot .
                                i have got rid of that bing bar on others computers a few years ago but cant remember exactly what i did now . may have been in remove programs .

Comment

edit that line out then .computers do as they are told . or do as i did years ago and install ubuntu alongside then run a virus check . scan actually advised me to delete windows as its a virus .. i should have got a screenshot .
                                  i have got rid of that bing bar on others computers a few years ago but cant remember exactly what i did now . may have been in remove programs .
                                  Thanks guys;i have Win Web page turned off everywhere,i don't see bing line anywhere, don't get bing
                                  when i turn on or restart PC, the bing page only shows up when i go to sleep and wake up then the win log name comes up i enter then bing page shows up,i exit it and no more bing,just thought maybe bing comes with the Windows save screen pics?,
                                  Last edited by ivtec; 06-24-2020, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Hi guys i think i fix it, turned off lock screen,now when i go to sleep and re-login it comes up with this fix background
                                    pic, i log in and it goes to windows screen,if i go to sleep with chrome page after i click on the back ground it goes to chrome page, no more bing .
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by ivtec; 06-24-2020, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                    X