Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vizio VW42L HDTV10A no picture or sound

Originally posted by rmoody View Post
    ok so i'm still stumped with this one. I replaced U33 and now the keyboard controls work but I still have the same vertical lines. Does anyone else have any suggestions. I also tried a replacement board from tristatemodule but it didn't change anything. I didn't check any values on that board just tried it and pulled it and sent it back. Is it possible that it could be a panel problem? Really about to pull my hair out on this one.
    Vertical lines are usually a panel problem, but can be a bad tcon.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
      Vertical lines are usually a panel problem, but can be a bad tcon.

PlainBill
      Mr Bill, You were correct!! It was the LCD Controller. I had about given up on this thing until you mentioned that. I had checked the fuses and they were good but i thought i would try them anyways. I also believe that my main board was defective also because of the keyboard controls not working. I couldn't turn the tv off after powering on. I replaced U33 regulator and after that the keyboard controls worked again but still had the lines. New tcon today and i have a working tv again. Thank so much to all who have contributed they're educated guess on my problem.

Comment

Hello, im having the same syptoms on the same tv, but im trying to find this serice manual ive been reading about but can only find the one that came with the tv. can some one point me to a site where i can find it? thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by dmesser100 View Post
          Hello, im having the same syptoms on the same tv, but im trying to find this serice manual ive been reading about but can only find the one that came with the tv. can some one point me to a site where i can find it? thanks in advance
          You could try elektrotanya.com; they have an extensive service manual collection. You could also try Scribd. Locating Vizio manuals isn't easy.
          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Thanks plainbill, im finding this out. I have read this post and others and seems the u9 is showing no voltage goin out on mine. just goin to change them all out for good measure.

Comment

Here's the manual.
              Attached Files

Comment

Dgtech, what's problem is inverter board. I have same TV, I think the inverter board is broken. By the way, my inverter board is two small boards, not big two boards. Is it same as yours? thanks.

Originally posted by Dgtech View Post
                Well, someone's selling the Power boards really cheap on ebay. Item number 120733285981 . This is the cheapest that I have seen it on there. Of course, I am the one selling it. LOL

I bought this set in non working condition from a guy and put it into storage. Once I got a chance to work on it, I fixed the inverter board and it was fine. Then whenever I finally moved my stuff into my new house, the screen got busted. So now I'm dealing with it by selling off the boards. The power board works fine. Of course, If you simply need resistance checks from this board, I definitely will help you out as long as I have it.

Comment

Hi, Bill, this ESR-Micro V4.0 can be used in circuit? work in circuit good or not? How about rework station and Multimeter, can you give me more suggestions? Thanks.

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
                  Overpriced, I would have to say. If you have a good capacitance meter, the Bob Parker Blue ESR meter would be appropriate. If you need both Capacitance and ESR measurements, the ESR-Micro V4.0 is a good deal.

PlainBill
                  Last edited by sheen818; 10-09-2011, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sheen818 View Post
                    Hi, Bill, this ESR-Micro V4.0 can be used in circuit? work in circuit good or not? How about rework station and Multimeter, can you give me more suggestions? Thanks.
                    Questions like that belong in the Test Equipment Usage, Techniques, and Reviews section, especially since I have never used an ESR-Micro..

PlainBill

Comment

thanks Gbreadman, thats what ive been looking for. and im sure others are looking for it also.

Comment

I had same problem with my VIZIO 42' LCD. when I opened it I found inverters bad. with both inverters showing signs of bad capacitors 680uf 105 high temp 35 volt. sings of bulging and leaking were present. Also chip part number Db9897FS wash pysically damaged at comp body. I"m waiting for parts to come in and see if that will fix problem I inspected power supply and main board for sings of damaged caps and nothing. so I'm assuming only inverter boards are bad. I have one on either side of the screen and only one chip bad. The other one looks physically good, but I'm changing it since there's actual damage on the other one.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by abraham4266; 10-12-2011, 11:48 AM. Reason: want to attach pictures

Comment

update on my problem, it was the u9 that was bad but changed the u33 as well since its problem matic and had the extra parts. Up and going and you guys are awsome for advice on these. One word of advice, do get the SMD removal kit. I didnt and it was a bear to get the little suckers off without messing up the pads.

Comment

You all solved my problem! See post #39 here:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=13792&page=2

Comment

I would like some help please. I have replace the U33 on this tv twice now. Both times the tv will turn on and last for about 5 min, and then back to black screen. The U33 is reading 2.04 with my multimeter after the tv stops working, but reads 3.25 when it is working. Anyone know why this voltage regulator keeps going out so quick?

Comment

This is the same thing I had with a set that's on my bench now. Read my post #7 and the ones that follow on this page. This was just the other day.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16705

I am waiting for a replacement board now. ($77 Ebay)
                                The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

That post sounds like its a similar problem. I haven't had the tv on long enough to test the hdmi ports. That could be what is blowing this regulator though. I guess I will just try a new main board. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Well, not so much the HDMI ports. That most likely is a different problem on the same board that I have.
                                    Basically, I'm replacing the whole board on this one. That may be the road you need to go down too. Make sure you match up the board numbers.
                                    The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

After further consideration, in each of these cases determining WHAT is generating the excessive load might be worth the trouble. Initially I had assumed Vizio had got a bad batch of AS1117s. Repeat failures shows that theory isn't valid.

Jumping on the idea that an HDMI processor was responsible isn't necessarily any more valid. If the problem is a BGA chip, or even a 28 pin TSOP, replacing the board may be the best approach. However, it would be a shame to replace the board if the actual problem is a shorted diode.

PlainBill

Comment

I have a vt420m vizio tv that does not turn on. the vizio light comes on then fades when the power button is pressed. no back light no sound. so i have just read all of this post and i can not seem to find u33 anywhere. my tv is about 1 1/2 years old. i tried testing all power from the power supply, they all had power correct to what it said next to them. exept there is one that says o/f and it does not have power or ground. its the very first pin on the connector (top to bottom) i was wondering if anyone had any idea what could be wrong. checked all caps (visual) could not find anything. on this board the inverter is on the power suppy as well. thanks for any help

Comment

Originally posted by JIMSKIN View Post
                                          I have a vt420m vizio tv that does not turn on. the vizio light comes on then fades when the power button is pressed. no back light no sound. so i have just read all of this post and i can not seem to find u33 anywhere. my tv is about 1 1/2 years old. i tried testing all power from the power supply, they all had power correct to what it said next to them. exept there is one that says o/f and it does not have power or ground. its the very first pin on the connector (top to bottom) i was wondering if anyone had any idea what could be wrong. checked all caps (visual) could not find anything. on this board the inverter is on the power suppy as well. thanks for any help
                                          You have a different main board, I would believe.

Suggestion: Take one over-all picture of the back of the TV. Take another of the power supply, and a third of the main board. Each picture should be over 1000 pixels on a side, but not over 2000. Well lit and a good sharp focus are important, as is taking from directly over each board (angle shots where 90% of the board is out of focus or hidden do not help us).

Attach the pictures using 'Manage Attachments' - below the text entry area. I suggest you do not post inline using the 'postcard' icon in the menu above the text entry area; I tend to ignore those threads.

PlainBill

Comment

Working...
                                          X