Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Washing machine won't power on dc41-00189a

Hi there,

I have samsung eco bubble washing machine.

I was using multimeter probes to test voltage and the probe slipped and it seems something was shorted.

Now the machine won't power on.

PCB dc41-00189a

I'm a Newbie Please help me to troubleshoot this pcb.
    Attachments
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung Washing machine won't power on dc41-00189a

first check fuses and report any blown ones before proceeding further

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
      first check fuses and report any blown ones before proceeding further
      All fuses have continuity.

Please guide me further

Comment

check for short mosfet

Comment

Originally posted by ammarben View Post
          check for short mosfet
          How do I test the mosfets?

Comment

Check if you have the +5 volts, see this thread for more information https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=67604

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
              Check if you have the +5 volts, see this thread for more information https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=67604
              Thank you R_J

I am only getting 3vdc on the output of the dc 5v regulator

Comment

Make sure you are using the correct ground, If you are, then something could be loading it down. Check the voltage on the input of the regulator ic, it should be around 7~9vdc
                What wher you checking when you shorted something? that might give a clue to what you shorted.
                Last edited by R_J; 12-28-2020, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Make sure you are using the correct ground, If you are, then something could be loading it down. Check the voltage on the input of the regulator ic, it should be around 7~9vdc
                  What wher you checking when you shorted something? that might give a clue to what you shorted.
                  I am using J26 as the Ground. Here are the Results:

Input of Regulator IC is not constant. It moves between 7.5VDC to 2.2VDC constantly. It goes DOWN and then UP again.

Regulator Output is not constant either, Moves Between 5.5VDC and 0.7DVC constantly. It goes DOWN and then UP again.

There is no fixed readings for these input and Output.

I was checking the voltage of the Big Capacitor and the probe SLipped. RED probe was on the + of Capacitor and BLACK probe was on the Ground of the Regulator (I wasnt sure what I was doing).

The RED probe slipped and touched something in that area and the Board gave a CLICK sound and went off.

Comment

Also, just to note. In the Current state... Once I put my ear beside the big Capacitors beside the Main input Relay I am hearing a low clicking sound every second or so... It sounds like a rain drop. its there on a regular interval.

(Not sure if that's normal)

Comment

The output of the Bridge Rectifier is about 7VDC across the 2 outer pins.

That seems weird to me as well.

The input is 110VAC at each center pin (I used the Chassis as the ground for this)

Comment

There are two different grounds, When checking voltages on the primary side you need to use, HOT ground or Bridge rectifier (-)
                        When checking voltages in the secondary, you need to use cold ground (see picture of trace side)
                        It is likely that the main bridge rectifier does not have any A/C input due to the main relay not being energized
                        Which "BIG" capacitor where you checking when the probe slipped? one of the 820µf caps in the primary? or CE2 primary for the smps
                        Last edited by R_J; 12-28-2020, 03:50 PM.

Comment

There are two different grounds, When checking voltages on the primary side you need to use, HOT ground or Bridge rectifier (-)
                          When checking voltages in the secondary, you need to use cold ground (see picture of trace side)
                          It is likely that the main bridge rectifier does not have any A/C input due to the main relay not being energized
                          Which "BIG" capacitor where you checking when the probe slipped? one of the 820µf caps in the primary?
                          Which "BIG" capacitor where you checking when the probe slipped? one of the 820µf caps in the primary?

Yes, those ones.

Did you include a picture?

The MAIN Bridge Rectifier has 110VAC on each of the 2 Middle AC pins

Im a newbie... Please explain HOT and COLD ground for me please.
                          Last edited by Lalabarrett; 12-28-2020, 03:47 PM.

Comment

The pictures are included in the other thread. Hot ground is the negative of the bridge rectifier. The secondary side (cold ground) is totally isolated from the ac line input. The large 820µf caps are for supplying the voltage for the motor drive ic. They are not for the low voltage that supplies the control board
                            Attached Files

Comment

The pictures are included in the other thread. Hot ground is the negative of the bridge rectifier. The secondary side (cold ground) is totally isolated from the ac line input. The large 820µf caps are for supplying the voltage for the motor drive ic. They are not for the low voltage that supplies the control board
                              Thank you.

At pin 2 where I should be getting +5 dc I am getting no constant voltage... Moving from 5.5vdc to 2.5vdc and back. Not constant.

At the pin where I should be getting 7vdc I am not getting a constant voltage... Moving from 7.5vdc to 2.5vdc and back.

Could there be an explanation for no constant dc voltage at those points?

I used the recommended hot and cold grounds.

Please point me in the right direction.

I am getting 3vdc on the output of the main Rectifier bridge.

Comment

Don't worry about the main bridge voltage, you will not have any voltage until the relay connects it.

You could have a bad voltage regulator ic, or there could be a damaged component that is supplied by the regulator. You could also have a bad smps circuit that is not operating properly and causing the voltage to jump up and down.

There is also a 12 volt regulator IC on this board (KIA78R15PI) you need to check it's input and output voltage as well.

Check if ZD1 is ok and not shorted, then check the other diodes in that circuit, D17, D20, D19, D5 (and the one next to it D?)
                                Last edited by R_J; 12-28-2020, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Don't worry about the main bridge voltage, you will not hav any voltage until the relay connects it.
                                  You could have a bad voltage regulator ic, or there could be a damaged component that is supplied by the regulator. You could also have a bad smps circuit that is not operating properly and causing the voltage to jump up and down.
                                  Check if ZD1 is ok and not shorted, then check the other diodes in that circuit, D17, D20, D19, D5 (and the one next to it D?)
                                  Zd1? Was this one a typo? I don't see any component with that marking on the pcb

Comment

Originally posted by Lalabarrett View Post
                                    Zd1? Was this one a typo? I don't see any component with that marking on the pcb
                                    There is a glass diode, ZD1, near D20 and CE9 (near the 7 pin smps ic) Also I believe the 12v regulator (ic2) is mounted to the small black heatsink
                                    Last edited by R_J; 12-28-2020, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Don't worry about the main bridge voltage, you will not have any voltage until the relay connects it.

There is also a 12 volt regulator IC on this board (KIA78R15PI) you need to check it's input and output voltage as well.

There is no shorts in the diodes in that circuit. Here are the readings for each using the diode test function of the multimeter

ZD1: 580
                                      D5: 512
                                      d18: 516
                                      d17: 570
                                      d19: 515
                                      d20: 594

I also reversed the probes of the multimeter and the reading was 1 on each of those diodes.

Input is 3.5vdc to 1.5vdc... not constant... Up and down

Output is 2.5vdc to .75vdc... Not constant... Up and down

Comment

I am also repairing the same board, which is not powering on. But here the failure is evident, since the 7-pin PWM-controller (I strongly suppose?) H1351L2B is cracked and burnt. Unfortunately this IC is nowhere described in the Internet and no spareparts can be found. In the moment I try to figure out which PWM-controller could be a replacement. If I have success in repairing this board, I will post all necessary info for other members.

Comment

Working...
                                        X