X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAMSUNG TV LE32B530 no backlight

So I have this 32’ Samsung TV.
    TV opens, has sound but no backlight.
    I run a quick check, T-Con looks ok, fuse is good and then on the PSU, I found these 2 mosfets shorted (as in picture 2): FDPF5N50UT
    If I change these should the TV work or should I check sth more?
    The mosfets are 500V, 4A. Is it ok to substitute with same voltage but more Amps rating?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sraros; 01-07-2021, 12:58 PM.

Re: SAMSUNG TV LE32B530 no backlight

Check fuse FI801S (240v 4Amp) which should have blown. Has something else burnt up on that board. There seems to be soot deposit within the red box. Possibly CI801 has been damaged.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dick_barton; 01-07-2021, 01:30 PM.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

The fuse yes is blown, I should have mentioned, but CI801 that would be shorted I would never guessed. Thanks for the tip!

The rest components diodes and caps etc nearby, look fine.

Would it be ok if I changed the mosfets rated 4A with same Volts but bigger amps or better stay with the same ratings? I don't know how lucky I will be finding components with most local stores closed.

Comment

These are the mosfets burnt:

And these I have from a spare board:

I would appreciate your help on this

Comment

To whomever might find this helpful.
          The short was caused by the two power mosfets. I removed the capacitor CI801 but the short was still there and the cap was checked out of the circuit board and proved was fine.
          So, changed the fuse and replaced the power mosfets with the higher amps rated salvaged ones and the TV works fine! However, I will change with the original mosfets any given chance.

Comment

Working...
          X