LN46a500T1FXZAA with seeming broken power board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LN46a500T1FXZAA with seeming broken power board

Hi guys, my TV has been doing the turn on off thing when I go to boot it up. Can here it clicking and I get display eventually but it's messed up for about many tries and eventually I get a working picture. Some times it comes up fine and soon as I try using the remote it reboots others I get scramble or discoloured picture... Thought it was the main board but replaced it and it still is doing the same thing. Looked at the caps none are leaking or bulged. I was thinking maybe I should test the power section before buying new caps and not fixing the problem?

Power board is the ip-271135a aka the bn44-00202a how would I go about that exactly?

Re: LN46a500T1FXZAA with seeming broken power board

Post good clear pictures of the boards and the whole back of the TV so we can see how the boards are connected will be a good start.
    Never stop learning
    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Back of TV
      Attached Files

Comment

Power board
        Attached Files

Comment

Caps
          Attached Files

Comment

Main board
            Attached Files

Comment

I bet tv's gonna be a fault in the t con board. The board that's under the metal piece at the top of the tv. With it shutting off and on the main could be sensing a fault and with the picture being scrambled or messed up could be the fault the main board is sensing and very rarely could be making the correct connection. Just my guess from what you have said so far.

Comment

Originally posted by audiofreak19 View Post
                I bet tv's gonna be a fault in the t con board. The board that's under the metal piece at the top of the tv. With it shutting off and on the main could be sensing a fault and with the picture being scrambled or messed up could be the fault the main board is sensing and very rarely could be making the correct connection. Just my guess from what you have said so far.
                Is there a way to test it then?

Comment

Anyone ?? Not sure how to
                  Proceed with testing here either the power board
                  Or the t con

Comment

Unplug the T-con. If the set powers on, then plug the t-con back in and disconnect the panel from the t-con. If the set still powers on then your screen probably has a short and isn't fixable. If the set won't power on, then it's probably your t-con. If the set won't power on with the T-con disconnected and the panel disconnected, we'll look elsewhere.

Comment

So I unplugged the tcon and the set is still powering on and off like it would do before.

Comment

Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy1313 View Post
                          Unplug the T-con. If the set powers on, then plug the t-con back in and disconnect the panel from the t-con. If the set still powers on then your screen probably has a short and isn't fixable. If the set won't power on, then it's probably your t-con. If the set won't power on with the T-con disconnected and the panel disconnected, we'll look elsewhere.
                          its been a long time but this tv is still sitting in my basement.

I just tried it and same thing, no tcon plugged in and it is clicking away still.

Comment

Why don't you start by measuring the voltages on the connector CN801 and the one above it and give the readings. This may help to solve your problem.

Connector xxx
                            Pin1 PS_On = xx volts
                            Pin2 Sync = yy volts
                            etc

Do the backlights come on when you disconnect the mainboard and power up?
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by dick_barton; 03-24-2020, 09:57 AM.
                            Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Hi Vowswithin:

Unless the power supply has visibly bulging capacitors in the secondary circuit, this does not sound like a power supply issue.

From your initial description, this sounds like a mainboard issue common to A-series Samsung LCD and plasma TVs.

You state that you had resets, and glitchy video, perhaps also accompanied with audio screeching?

You also state that you replaced the existing mainboard with a different mainboard. I suspect that both mainboards may have the same issue.

I think you need to replace C102 and C131 on mainboard, adjacent to white 24pin connector.

Both caps are polarized surface mount caps. C131 is on the top and C102 is on the bottom. Marking C131 easy to spot. Marking C102 may be difficult to find, but capacitor should be next to IC101.

Measure the voltage across the capacitors before removing the capacitors. They have a polarity marking, but it is opposite to what you think. The band indicates positive which is not consistent with other can type electrolytic capacitors. Installing electrolytic capacitors backwards by accident may cause them to blow up.

I think I used 47uF/50V caps.

See this thread for more information:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ight=C102+C131

Also, you may not need to remove the bad capacitors C102 and C131. In my TV, it was sufficient to solder the new capacitors across the existing ones, and even makes it easier not to damage solder traces if you are not a good at soldering. NOTE THE CORRECT POLARITY!!
                              Last edited by Unspun01; 03-24-2020, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Maybe check DB803 and all the rest of the diodes.

Comment

Working...
                                X