Xbox One S water damage repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox One S water damage repair

Completely dead, not even the fan does its initial spin.

Psu tests ok (3 rails of 12v) and replaced anyway with a new unit.

Cleaned up the board of dust and what only appeared to be a small amount of water damage.

Nothing visibly looks damaged but possibly found a missing component, can anyone compare to let me know if there should be something on C7E3 (theres C7E1 through to C7E4) that appear to be smd caps alongside the main cpu with heatsink.

Board : M1003859 Rev. D

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by notallbad; 01-08-2020, 08:17 AM.

Re: Xbox One S water damage repair

I'm working on an xbox one s mobo that has water damage too. I believe the board number is M1018156-001 Rev H. Mine does have that capacitor on the board that is missing in yours. I'm also looking for a boardview or schematic of the board to help me troubleshoot if anyone looking at this has any idea where to find one id be greatful.

Comment

If you find a replacement C7E3, be sure to test and resolder C7E4 as well. C7E4 appears to have been knocked loose and has damaged solder connections.

This damage likely happened when you took off the heat sink because there is physically no way to damage these caps with the heat sink in place.

Comment

C7E3 and C7E4 are part of a differential pair. Go with a 0.1uf 0402 cap.
        -Thomas
        I'm a hardware engineer focused on networking equipment for my day job. I void warranties and fix consumer electronics for fun.

Comment

Any update here?

If you haven't already, try removing the large inductors and cleaning out any gunk that has accumulated due to the liquid.
          -Thomas
          I'm a hardware engineer focused on networking equipment for my day job. I void warranties and fix consumer electronics for fun.

Comment

Thanks.
            I shall try and get back to it and see how it goes.
            Will update with details.

Comment

Working...
            X