Philips 55PUS6262/12 always ON but no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Philips 55PUS6262/12 always ON but no picture

If the mainboard matches that shown in the manual in post #9 then go to section 6.3 and carry out the voltage checks shown.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Reviving this thread to hopefully get some insight on the same problem. I have the exact same TV and behavior.

Things I have checked:
      -The power supply board, all the rails seem to be OK. Except for the missing 3.5V rail that's apparently just not connected on this board.
      -The T-Con board fuse is not blown.
      -I checked the voltages on the main board according to the service manual attached to trunks81's post, section 6.3.2.
      -C789 +12V PANEL
      -L701 +1.5V DDR
      -L704 +3.3V SB
      -L702 +5V_STB
      -L803 +5V
      -C105 TUNER_3.3V
      -R221 TUNER_LNB
      -R726 +1.8V EMMC
      Those are all OK.
      -The heatsink on the mainboard gets warm, so something is happening under it.

So, the TV seems to be completely braindead. Turns on by itself and turns on the backlight when plugged in, remote and buttons do nothing, Windows does not detect the TV at all, can't even turn the TV off.

I'd of course like to repair this faulty board and learn something in the process, but I also found it on eBay for 60 euros, so buying that wouldn't be too bad.

I took a couple hopefully good pictures of the mainboard, in case someone gets something out of them.

I'm assuming the panel is OK, because there are no lines or anything seemingly wrong with it, but any ideas whether I could somehow confirm this? Especially if I end up buying a new mainboard, it would kinda suck to realize that the panel was full of lines all along.

Starting to wonder, could it be a flash/corrupted firmware problem?
      Is there something else I should check on the mainboard/somewhere else?

Also, if I end up buying a new mainboard, how critical is it that it is the exact same model? I found two listings on eBay for 55PUS6262/12, but one had TPT550U2-D072.L as the panel and other TPT550U2-EQYSKM.G, the panel my TV has. They also specified a "Panel Code". What is this code, and would having a different panel code, although the same model, cause problems? Obviously I would buy the one with the same panel listed, but I couldn't find a panel code on my panel.

The mainboard on eBay is a 715G8709-M0E-B00-005K. My mainboard is otherwise the exact same model and looks identical, but there is a N at the end of the part number instead of K.
      According to some Googling, both of these board are used in quite many slightly different models, so I'm assuming that if I bought the board that is listed for my exact TV, I should be good?
      Attached Files

Comment

Did some more testing. I wanted to know if something was wrong with the panel as well. I tried disconnecting the 2 ribbon cables going from the T-Con board to the panel one at a time.

When I disconnected the ribbon that goes to the LEFT side of the panel, that side turned completely white, and the RIGHT side stayed black. Both sides stayed like that.

When I disconnected the RIGHT side, that side turned white as well, but the LEFT side didn't stay black, but rather turned solid violet, with 6 vertical grey lines that are the same width and same distance from each other. After a while, the RIGHT side started fading to black/grey.

Now, this looks kinda weird to me. Do the 2 ribbon cables not control each half of the panel independently? I was under that impression. But seeing as having only the left side connected causes something to happen on both sides, that does not seem to be the case. Also, the lines are perfectly systematic, that does not look like a problem where something randomly gave up to me.

I also looked at the panel board. I checked the SMD capacitors for shorts and didn't find any.

I really want to pull the trigger on a new main board, but I also wouldn't want to completely waste 60 euros if I obviously have a bad panel.

Any advice?
        Attached Files

Comment

I have the exact same TV and same problem (65PUS6262/12). The backlight comes on after the set is plugged in, nothing else happens, no red LED, no nothing. I checked all voltages and checked board with thermal camera. SOC and 1.0V inductor gets warm, that's it. I connected up a TTL/USB uart to the SERV.U debug header on the back of the TV. The system boots but crashes when trying to load the drivers for the Mali GPU and goes into a halt state.
          So we have software corruption on the eMMC. Everything else seems good!
          I went to Philips' download section and the only download available is the .upg file which is for updating the firmware via the graphical user interface on the TV. No good.

I looked in the bootlog and it became apparent that it checks the file before it flashes ", so what's to loose? i renamed the file to upgrade123.pkg and it booted off the USB-stick. It doesn't start the flash because the image is still not the right one, but it loads in the file as a "livedistro" so it comes up even if the eMMC is b0rked.

It kept printing lots of debug information confirming that Linux was running happily on the SOC.

After some time the TV went into standby and the red LED came on. Exciting!

Now pressing the remote the TV came on and the panel lit up perfect. Now because it was running in a "livedistro" mode i went to system -> software update and pulled the newest one down over WiFi, it flashed perfectly and then the TV was fixed.

Here's a Dropbox folder containing some logs from the debug port, a service manual and the firmware file (in Danish)
          Dropbox

bootlog.txt is the broken TV booting with the USB-stick inserted but wrong file name.
          bootlog_nousb.txt is without any USB-stick inserted.
          bootlog_renamedfile.txt is with the now renamed file. It doesn't start the update since it has the wrong "magic byte" but it still boots it!

Let me know if you need help with anything.

I don't think the colored parts of your panel has anything to do with the problem - it's quite normal for the LCD panels to turn funny colors when the drive signal is missing/weak.

// Per.
          Last edited by Zaprodk; 01-14-2021, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaprodk View Post
            // Per.
            good work.. its for all MT CPU include hisense.. did you captured the firmware password (AES KEY ) when you applied the renamed .pkg ?
            Last edited by Diah; 01-14-2021, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
              good work.. its for all MT CPU include hisense.. did you captured the firmware password (AES KEY ) when you applied the renamed .pkg ?
              Sorry, i'm not sure what this firmware key is?

// Per.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaprodk View Post
                I have the exact same TV and same problem (65PUS6262/12). The backlight comes on after the set is plugged in, nothing else happens, no red LED, no nothing. I checked all voltages and checked board with thermal camera. SOC and 1.0V inductor gets warm, that's it. I connected up a TTL/USB uart to the SERV.U debug header on the back of the TV. The system boots but crashes when trying to load the drivers for the Mali GPU and goes into a halt state.
                So we have software corruption on the eMMC. Everything else seems good!
                I went to Philips' download section and the only download available is the .upg file which is for updating the firmware via the graphical user interface on the TV. No good.

I looked in the bootlog and it became apparent that it checks the file before it flashes ", so what's to loose? i renamed the file to upgrade123.pkg and it booted off the USB-stick. It doesn't start the flash because the image is still not the right one, but it loads in the file as a "livedistro" so it comes up even if the eMMC is b0rked.

It kept printing lots of debug information confirming that Linux was running happily on the SOC.

After some time the TV went into standby and the red LED came on. Exciting!

Now pressing the remote the TV came on and the panel lit up perfect. Now because it was running in a "livedistro" mode i went to system -> software update and pulled the newest one down over WiFi, it flashed perfectly and then the TV was fixed.

Here's a Dropbox folder containing some logs from the debug port, a service manual and the firmware file (in Danish)
                Dropbox

bootlog.txt is the broken TV booting with the USB-stick inserted but wrong file name.
                bootlog_nousb.txt is without any USB-stick inserted.
                bootlog_renamedfile.txt is with the now renamed file. It doesn't start the update since it has the wrong "magic byte" but it still boots it!

Let me know if you need help with anything.

I don't think the colored parts of your panel has anything to do with the problem - it's quite normal for the LCD panels to turn funny colors when the drive signal is missing/weak.

// Per.
                Hello, I have the same problem. No picture, backlight is on and the remote doesn't respond. Could you explain the procedure of the steps you made? You take a USB and put a file XXXXX.pkg. You plugged it the TV and booted from that.?

Comment

exactly. I would ask Can someone write the steps to insert the ns usb file and run everything

Comment

Working...
                  X