tc-p60st30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tc-p60st30

wondering if I have a bad plasma screen..
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: tc-p60st30

Do a forum search for "sparkles" and there should be quite a few threads on this condition.
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...light=sparkles
    Last edited by dick_barton; 11-18-2020, 12:58 PM.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

I've never seen this problem before on Panasonic plasma, but it presents like a plasma with mal-discharge which normally is the ZSUS board on an LG plasma or X-Main on a Samsung. The equivalent board would be a SS board on the Panasonic.

With the above being said, ST and GT series Panasonic plasma TVs are amazing TVs, but very common failure is IGBTs on the SC board failing which usually leads to complete shut off and 4 or 7 blinks.

I've repaired several different 50" and 55" models which have required to replaced 6 IGBTs (TC-P50G30, TC-P50GT30, TC-P55G30, TC-P55GT30).

In a few cases, only 5 IGBTs were complete short-circuit, with the 6th one testing ok but replaced anyways in case of premature failure.

You may have partially failed IGBTs on the SC board (Toshiba GT30F131), or possibly a bad component on SS board.

If you have a multimeter, set it to diode mode and test all diodes and IGBTs and transistors on the SC and SS boards.

Comment

Check if any of the screws mounting the sc and ss boards are loose.

Comment

Working...
        X