• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer Aspire 8530 - without dedicated GPU

Acer Aspire 8530 / 8530G
    ATI HD 3200
    ATI Radeon HD 4570
    AMD Turion X2 RM-72
    In the above-mentioned laptop, the dedicated ATI Radeon HD 4570 GPU is damaged. As the card is on the MXM slot, I decided to remove it and leave only the integrated HD 3200. Everything would be fine if it were not that the laptop turns on without a picture from time to time, the system loading but does not throw the content onto the matrix. Sometimes turning it on, off + removing the battery, but usually the most effective is to insert the old GPU and remove it. Is it possible to somehow completely "switch" this board to work only from an integrated card? maybe you need to disconnect some detection of this card? I suspect that the supply of a dedicated card is on a card with a BGA chip.
    I updated the BIOS to the latest version.

Re: Acer Aspire 8530 - without dedicated GPU

I suspect that the supply of a dedicated card is on a card with a BGA chip.
    if that was the case the machine would never start. The Big Bear board has RS780 northbridge that contains the IGPU, which is powered from the motherboard.

You should specify the exact platform model and revision. I found only Wistron Big Bear 48.4AJ01.001 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z4U...CwgQn0uH8/view

There are straps and pads that can switch this board to internal graphics. Search for "UMA" and "DIS" on the schematics. You will have to solder some jumpers and change/move some resistors and caps.

Comment

Re: Acer Aspire 8530 - without dedicated GPU

Or alternatively you could go with a Acer Mobility HD4650 1GB, p/n VG.M9606.005.
      Main rig:
      Gigabyte B75M-D3H
      Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
      Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 1GB GDDR5
      16GB DDR3-1600
      Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
      FSP Bluestorm II 500W (recapped)
      120GB ADATA + 2x Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB
      Delux MG760 case

Comment

Working...
      X