Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TH-50PX75U black vertical bar and colored lines

Hey guys,
    I had a previous thread about this TV here: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79192

My problem was the top half of the TV had went out and the problem ended up being on the SU board.

That problem is now fixed and I am left with a different problem. There is a roughly 2" vertical black bar on the left side of the display and a single pixel wide red and green stripe on the right side of the display.

I have tried reseating the ribbon cables to the panel without any results. I do not think the TV had this problem before the top half of the screen went out but it is hard to remember as it has been over a year since I worked on it last.

The strange thing is that if I put a very light or dark background were the two vertical stripes are, the problem does not appear in that area. See the pictures for a better explanation. Also, the problem does not occur on the black no-signal screen of the TV.

I am am not sure if this is a panel fault or if something may have happened while I was troubleshooting the other problem with the TV.

Please let me know what you think the problem could be.
    Thanks!
    Attached Files
    canadaboy25

-Sometimes the light at the end of a tunnel is an on-coming train

Re: Panasonic TH-50PX75U black vertical bar and colored lines

Unplugged the panel ribbon cable where the black bar is and tested it with a meter on diode test mode. There is no reading on that ribbon. So it is a bad panel.
    canadaboy25

-Sometimes the light at the end of a tunnel is an on-coming train

Comment

Working...
    X