Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help identify components from blurry FCC photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help identify components from blurry FCC photos?

The first photo is of my sample device which lacks the two components that I wish to identify.

The second (very blurry) photo is of the same model device submitted to the FCC, which does contain the two components I wish to identify.

The board for the device is configured for a USB 2.0 A port, but the port is not installed at the factory. But it does work if installed.

However, the power pin does not supply voltage because the two components in question are not installed in produced units.

One of the two components (6C6) is obviously a capacitor.

The other component (6U1) has 5 connections and is some type of voltage component, but probably not a regulator.

The USB port in question can operate in both host/master and slave mode. So, my guess is that the voltage component does something to cut off voltage if a slave device is not connected to the USB port. The voltage does not need to be reduced or regulated, because the input voltage is already 5v.

6U1:

XXX
    X X

3 5

5: 5 volts input
    3: connects to power pin of USB port, should supply 5 volts only if a slave device is connected.
    2: ground

It's not obvious to me how the other pins are connected.

So, does anyone know what this voltage device is, even generally?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by slap_happy; 01-24-2022, 01:09 AM.

Re: Help identify components from blurry FCC photos?

A slightly better image of the factory board;
    Attached Files
    Last edited by slap_happy; 01-24-2022, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Re: Help identify components from blurry FCC photos?

Maybe if we knew the device and model we could help.
      I will guess the ic could be SY6280AAC

Comment

Working...
      X