Ideapad 700-15ISK Type 80RU MDM - INVALID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ideapad 700-15ISK Type 80RU MDM - INVALID

Phlash clean.bin from DOS will not work? I don't have any hardware to use like a SPI programmer

Can't the CAB file be edited? I saw something about this on another forum. I think it would be the safest way to approach this given that the matter in question is editing some details?
    Last edited by internetdivisor; 04-19-2020, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Last edited by internetdivisor; 04-19-2020, 03:40 AM. Reason: Bad post

Comment

No, buy an SPI programmer + clip ,they`re very cheap.
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
          No, buy an SPI programmer + clip ,they`re very cheap.
          Thank you but I tink I will leave it as it is since all is working well. Nvidia throws a 43 error in Windows, it may be BIOS it may be the need for a reball.

Thank you for the help

Comment

I know this an old post but hopefully this will help save others from a ton of research and find that tools like LVAR64, etc don't work to update the info for MTM, Lenovo SN, UUIC and Product Name. I had the same issues with and ideapad 330S-15ARR and none of the tools worked.

I FINALLY found one that worked! Google "lenovo golden key u1 tool" and download it. I found it here: https://github.com/ASparkOfFire/leno...LenovoUone.zip .

It is for a different series of laptops but it was the only thing that actually worked for the Phoenix bios in the ideapad 330S-15ARR !!

Just download the zip file and then copy all the files over to a usb flash drive. I had to copy the EFI/BOOT folder over to the root folder of the USB drive to get it to boot but once I did it that, it booted correctly. IT IS AMAZINGLY EASY TO USE as well. Anyways, hope this helps anyone that can't get LVAR64 or the other tools to work!

Comment

This Tool works with some of the Lenovo Laptops I Get an error on others. I will try and post what it gives me later on. if anyone can help i would appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by internetdivisor View Post
                LVAR64, LVAR32, LvarDos, etc does not work on Phoenix BIOS as I found so far, when trying to set the values, either in DOS or Windows it throws an error about SPI interface not ready or something.
                As I also found out, and got the full "Lenovo Internal Document", it was used for Y700-15ISK and not IDEAPAD 700-15ISK. Offtopic: can't understand why Lenovo launched 2 products with almost identical names, but that's just me.

2 years later but I've managed to fix this issue on L340-15IRH when I downgraded from BGCN36WW to BGCN29WW. Looks like some newer bios versions don't work well with lvar/U1.

Comment

Working...
                X