Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PN50B400P3D 50" Samsung Plasma Won't Turn On.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PN50B400P3D 50" Samsung Plasma Won't Turn On.

If you get stable Vs,Va etc it's not a power board issue.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I Just checked all the voltages several times. They all appear to reach their values, then drop for the split second while the screen flashes & then they return to their values before slowing dropping. I don't know how these voltages normally operate, is that considered stable?

Comment

They should come up, remain steady then if the set clicks off, they will drop out. I'm not sure why they drop out when the panel lights up. Could you get hold of two 120V 100W incandescent light bulbs? You can put them in series across the Vs of the power supply. If the bulbs stay a constant brightness the problem is not with the power supply.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I'll remember that test, it sounds a bit tricky. I'll see what the new control board does and then go from there

Comment

Sorry I haven't updated lately. I received the wrong control board so I had to wait for a replacement. The new control board did not change anything. I've ordered a "Factory New" PSB. I will up post an update when it arrives.

Comment

The new power board arrived today. Installed it & no change. It still flashes white with pink jagged edges for a 1 second & then no picture but sound.

Comment

This has not been an encouraging read. I have the same TV with a similar problem. Just starting the process of diagnosing it. Any updates?

Comment

No new updates, I haven't messed with it in a while. I need to look into if it's a bad plasma screen & if the boards would still be good if it is. Winter is coming, maybe I'll mess with it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dowd, Elwood P. View Post
                    No new updates, I haven't messed with it in a while. I need to look into if it's a bad plasma screen & if the boards would still be good if it is. Winter is coming, maybe I'll mess with it soon.
                    Bummer. I hope it works out. Let me know if you come across a good way to determine if the panel is bad. I'm trying to take that out of the equation now before I start buying parts. If you decide to sell your parts... let me know

Comment

My Samsung won't turn on either and my power light doesn't come on to count the flashes. But when I plug it in there is a sound coming from a transistor (I think that is what it is). It isn't a clicking sound that's for sure.

It happened once and it came back on a few hours later. And a month after my warranty ran out it done it again and hasn't came back on.... Yet. ( I'm optimistic).
                      Attached Files

Comment

I just bought a new power supply BN44-00274A for my Samsung PN50B400P3D plasma TV. Will be here on the 17 of April so i hope it works.

Comment

I'm working on a Samsung 50 inch plasma, it will not turn on and clicks. I've unplugged the boards from the power supply board and reconnected one at a time untill the clicking came back. Watched a video that said to do this to find the bad board. In doing this I found that if I have the control board unplugged when I plug the tv in it will come on and I have sound but no picture. When it is plugged in there is a green light on it that flashes and the clicking noise sounds like its coming from the PSB...what do I do now?

Comment

Also with the control board unplugged the red light on the front flashes about 5 times then the tv goes off and will not turn on again unless I unplug the power cord for a few seconds.

Comment

bad driver boards ,, 100% pink flare means open circuit to one of the driver chips.. normally top ones on upper or lower section of ysus driver boars had this a few times,,

Last edited by promo7uk; 01-20-2015, 10:28 AM.

Comment

here, replace this as one of driver chips has failed.this stops voltages as control board see's over vault stopping voltage progress,
                                Attached Files

Comment

Did you ever get this fully fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffwal40 View Post
                                    Did you ever get this fully fixed?
                                    Best to start your own thread and go through diagnostics

Comment

I am probably tomorrow after I get some decent pics
                                      I was just curious if any of the ones I have read ever got figured out. Some of the just seem to end with no resolve

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                      X