Seiki LC40B56 totally dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seiki LC40B56 totally dead

symptoms were as such for this lcd tv ( Vestel Family) tv was working when turned on would stay on for 2 -3 hours shut off, cooled off then function again however after about 3 weeks it finally would not turn on as such it is totally dead no Led indicator lights whatsoever.

Re: Seiki LC40B56 totally dead

Attached Files

Comment

here are some pictures of the innards of the Lcd Tv
      1) model number
      2)inside showing the various components
      3) showing where the set was manufactured I believe in Korea (Samsung)
      4) showing the power unit

Comment

the power supply has 2 numbers ZD 95(G)F, CQCO4001011196 stamped on the item my question is what should I look at first and what is the consensus regarding these type of sets (Vestel?) brands and known problems
        thanks in advance John

Comment

Will need some voltage measurements from powerboard to mainboard connector
          I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

ok I will do it by tomorrow thanks

Comment

Vestel? It's not built in Turkey, so probably not a Vestel.

And Seiki is a very Chinese company, based in Beijing, IIRC...

Only Europe gets Vestel, IIRC...
              ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Not a Vestel UMC junker, also have you checked if the Tv is getting AC power normally the little rocker switches on these fail.
                Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Sorry I was away due to family matters, I did take some numbers for electricity for the picture of

5v SB = 5v dc
                  PS = 5v dc
                  for the transistors on the hot bar ie (see picture number A) see the numbers on the heat sink ie 1,2,3,4 voltage values were between 69v to 71v. the large capacitor laying on the side was giving readings between 270 to OL and back again. The transistors on the cold side ( several not in view ) are 0 vts dc. I am getting 120vts ac coming it ie the blue and brown leads in the top corner

viz here for the items ie 5vSB and the PS
                  Any input would be helpful I would consider taking off all the transistors and capacitors if necessary to gain proper readings
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by johnbarrons; 06-16-2017, 08:36 AM. Reason: more information

Comment

Hi. For a start you appear to have standby voltage so is the standby light on at front of set. The large capacitor on hot side voltage is measured from its pins neg to neg pos to pos and should be up around 370v. You need to ascertain if problem is in main or power board so see if you can force power board on when disconnected from main. But for a quick possible fix the two large caps cold side top of pic cheap to replace and try.

Comment

is ps 5v when powered on, or in standby?

we need to know what state the pin is, in both conditions.
                      WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

ok I did make a mistake there is no standby led light at all
                        USB pin reads 5 v dc
                        PS pin reads 5.64 v dc
                        the large cap on the hot side reading the voltage it is jumping from the high 200 vts ac ie last reading was 285 vt ac to OL

Comment

Sorry I mean PS is reading 4.64 vts dc

Comment

I did disconnect the main from the power board and tried to force a start up and still nothing happened

Comment

sorry again But here is what i did put the red lead from multimeter on ground used the black lead on the different pins as in picture on bottom i dont know if this is correct but here it
                              5v pin = -5vts dc
                              next 5vt pin =-5vts dc
                              usb pin = -5vts dc
                              ps =-5vts dc
                              last 5vt pin =5vts dc

still no standby light though

Comment

Ok your readings are confusing. Here's what we need. Voltages from connector that goes from power supply board to main board. Will need pin#- PIN DESCRIPTION -Pin voltage in standby-Pin voltage when pushing power button and picture of connector on power supply board.
                                Format:
                                Pin# - Pin Description - Pin Voltage standby - Pin voltage power on
                                1 - XXXXXXX - XXv - XXXv
                                2 - XXXXXXX - XXXv - XXXv
                                3 - XXXXXXX - XXXv - XXXv
                                4 - etc.
                                Black probe goes to ground for above tests. Main cap is measured in dcv across terminals of cap
                                I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

I repair these on daily basis seems your flash eeprom has corrupted had this loads of times eeprom becomes faulty and drops boot loader this needs a reflash with correct software for screen as well has to be paired to eeprom

Comment

" flash eeprom has corrupted had this loads of times eeprom becomes faulty and drops boot loader this needs a reflash with correct software for screen as well has to be paired to eeprom" could you give me an idea how to repair the eepron in this case or should I buy a new one?

Comment

Working...
                                    X