Asus sabertooth 990fx VRM COOLING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus sabertooth 990fx VRM COOLING

Hi guys,, i have a amd 9590 chip 8 core,, and the best board so far i found for the chip is sabertooth 990fx rev 3.0.. new latest, to support the said chip.. amd 9590 8 core , and the VRM's get so hot.. when video encoding , or hammering the cpu,, is there anything i can buy to cool the VRM'S im using V8 COOLERMASTER COOLER., AS CPU IS 220WATTS, and v8 states it cools cpus upto 250watts, dual fan, and very large as a main cpu cooller. problem also is the weight of this cpu cooler. its pulls cpu out of the socket, which is a right pain in the arse,!

so question is, how can i stop if pulling the cpu out the socket with the weight,

also main question is,, how to cool the VRMS, better,, than standard plain alloy cooler.!
    Attached Files

Re: Asus sabertooth 990fx VRM COOLING

Install a fan blowing to the VRM area, hold it with zip ties or wathever you can find.

Comment

I had a few set ups with the FX stuff and found similar problems, insane power reqs, ultra hot VRMs and lots of throttling!

As above stick a fan on them, I used to use a Antec Cool Spot which worked well.

Comment

pull the vrm heatsink and replace the thermal pad/paste with something better. many stock tims are just crap. from my personal experience, things ran several degrees cooler at least from using better paste!

Comment

Working...
        X