Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo X1 Yoga Gen 5 - Supervisor Password Removal

Hello,
    Can I please ask anyone to assist with a patch to remove the supervisor password from the below bios dump.

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 5
    S/N: PF2WLEZB

Thank you in advance for your time.
    Attached Files

Re: Lenovo X1 Yoga Gen 5 - Supervisor Password Removal

hi try tha

Attached Files

Comment

Did this work?

I also got an locked ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 5.
      It's possible to get it unlocked?

Comment

Hi.

Can somebody share the location of bios chip? Thanks

Comment

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 5
          Bios Locked
          Is there a possibility to Remove the bios code ?
          Attached Files
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
          all donations are welcome,
          see the donate button below, at the bottom of the page, or
          >>>>> click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
          Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae

Comment

Hi, I'm new to this. I've the same laptop and I want to remove the Supervisor Password from the laptop. From what I read from the guide, it says I may need EC Flashing instead of Bios? So do I still need the BIOS dump?

Also, what type of chip does this laptop has for BIOS or EC? I don't have a programmer yet, RT809H is quite expensive. Do you think RT809F will do the job? Thanks.

Comment

Please unlock this bios
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi
                Please cleered my bin password Lenovo X1 Yoga.
                Attached Files

Comment

No Patch for this model only JTAG with RT809h or Vertianov JIG
                  Kill the state in yourself and you will be free like a wind...

Comment

Originally posted by splus11 View Post
                    Hi
                    Please cleered my bin password Lenovo X1 Yoga.
                    Try your own patched file ...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Markus1741 View Post
                      Try your own patched file ...
                      Thank you for your help . Password removed

Comment

Originally posted by splus11 View Post
                        Thank you for your help . Password removed
                        Good to hear. 😁

Comment

May I know if this is the BIOS dump? I thought we need to use EC flashing to remove the password for Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 5? Thanks for the clarification!

Comment

Lenovo Yoga gen 5 password removed. EC bios can be copied from the main bios from A00020 - A4001F; just erase the EC firmware and flash with the data from the copied data from the main bios in the offset as mentioned and attached is the configuration to use with RT809H.
                            0. GND 1. TMS 2. CLK 3. TDO 4. TDI 5. RST.

I do hope this one helps the forum or whoever has been trying to unlock the yoga series.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ajbernasko View Post
                              Lenovo Yoga gen 5 password removed. EC bios can be copied from the main bios from A00020 - A4001F; just erase the EC firmware and flash with the data from the copied data from the main bios in the offset as mentioned and attached is the configuration to use with RT809H.
                              0. GND 1. TMS 2. CLK 3. TDO 4. TDI 5. RST.

I do hope this one helps the forum or whoever has been trying to unlock the yoga series.

Where can I find the information about copying the EC Bios from the main bios from A00020 - A4001F? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by greymind View Post
                                Where can I find the information about copying the EC Bios from the main bios from A00020 - A4001F? Thanks.
                                Read the rules before posting:
                                RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*

BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools
                                Password removal by laptop brand

Last edited by Vesko356; 05-01-2023, 03:39 AM.
                                All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                Become a Badcaps supporter
                                >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                Thanks to all supporters.​
                                Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

I've already read posts about reading/writing the EC by the programmer and bought the RT809F to try and do that. However, I haven't come across the A00020 - A4001F part, I thought that's new information that I missed?

Anyway, I attempted to remove the 10k resistors and accidentally knocked off some other resistors while doing that. I'd be grateful if anybody can help me identify the size of the resistors labelled 1 and 2? Also, what is the IC labelled 3? I moved it as well, not sure if need replacement? Thanks for your help!
                                  Attached Files

Comment

I've already read posts about reading/writing the EC by the programmer and bought the RT809F to try and do that. However, I haven't come across the A00020 - A4001F part, I thought that's new information that I missed?

Anyway, I attempted to remove the 10k resistors and accidentally knocked off some other resistors while doing that. I'd be grateful if anybody can help me identify the size of the resistors labelled 1 and 2? Also, what is the IC labelled 3? I moved it as well, not sure if need replacement? Thanks for your help!

labeled 1 is 1K, Labeled 2 is Zero Ohm (Jumper)

Comment

Thanks for the info. I made it worse and moved more resistors. I'm going to see if someone can help me to do it instead. However, I need to know the components labelled in the photo. Can anyone please help?

Also, may I know how did you find out what components those are? Can I have the schematic as well? Thanks. I've one for T490s and X1 Yoga Gen 6. Please point me to the right page, if they are compatible. Thanks a lot!
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Can I have the schematic as well? Thanks. I've one for T490s and X1 Yoga Gen 6
                                        Schematic requests, if you hadn`t noticed, are in a seperate sub forum. Use the forum search, it might be posted already.

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Working...
                                        X