This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Power supply build quality pictorial. part 2

If we assume those caps are 65°C hot, with 10K less the lifetime doubles with a 1000h cap, than we have: 1000x2x2x2x2 = 16000h
    16000h equals about 666 2/3 days of operation.

So that's still in the expected lifetime of that cap, is it not?
    Last edited by Stefan Payne; 10-21-2014, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Chinese crap barely holds two years if you run it 18 hours a day loaded at 65 °C. It depends on many circuimstances, if you run 100 W load on "500W" PSU filled with this it surely survives more than with 350 watts.
      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
      Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Payne View Post
        If we assume those caps are 65°C hot, with 10K less the lifetime doubles with a 1000h cap, than we have: 1000x2x2x2x2 = 16000h
        16000h equals about 666 2/3 days of operation.

So that's still in the expected lifetime of that cap, is it not?
        The "double rating with every 10c decrease" is just an estimation like I said. Most companies accept it and mention it in some of their documents.

Like someone said above me, you need to ignore those hours when a device is not in use.
        Then you also have to keep in mind that it's ideal conditions, while in reality you'll have humidity (which could infiltrate though the leads for example or attack the aluminum exterior) or make the bottom bung crack and electrolyte unless you have the computer running 24/7.. then you have fans, dust etc etc

Comment

Well and there's the problem of the 'inner temperature' of those things.

For example the casing is about 65°C hot but you don't know how hot it's inside. Could be 60°C, could be 85°C.

And still: Baseline is about 1000-4000h, depending on the diametre...

Comment

Originally posted by Pentium4 View Post
            I've isolated the whine to the 5VSB. I tried using caps with lower ESR and it still does the same thing. Went from nichicon PW 1000uF 10V to Panny FM 1000uF 16V. I wish I could remember if it was whining with the failed Canicon caps.[
            If it helps, the voltage on the 5VSB is very stable.
            Many flyback topologies tend to whine with low ESR caps. Usually doesn't cause any problems, though - at least it hasn't for me, and I've done quite a few with very very low ESR caps.

Also, for some PSUs, the whine on 5VSB is normal. My Macron MPT-301 does it as well and it's quite loud. I'm not sure if it did it with the original Fuhjyyu caps or not, but I never bothered to see, becuase I've used it like that for a long time.

I say load it with a 1A load and let it run for 1 hour. If nothing explodes, smokes, or overheats, it's probably fine. Perhaps check temperatures in the 5VSB area as soon as you are done with the test and unplug the PSU from the wall.

Comment

Provide some cooling if you are to load it with (not very big) resistor. Cause 5 W even on 5W labeled resistor can cause it to heat very much after an hour, it will smell after few minutes and may set something on fire…so I recommend 10W+ resistor, or more smalelr ones.
              Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

Hey, I got a Tacens Radix Eco II 600W:
                http://www.tacens.es/fuentes-de-alim...ix-eco-ii-600/

Does anyone know the OEM of this thing?
                Attached Files

Comment

lol more like 350w

Comment

Originally posted by _chiller_ View Post

300w maybe.
                    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Got an Hec 300arpt oldie but a goodie, got off carboot for 99p so a good deal weighs a tonne due to a huge passive pfc coil and thick steel case very well build going to recap and should be a solid unit
                      Specifications listed:
                      Sleeve bearing power logic slim line fan I used this because the old hec fan spun so fast made this psu unusable for a standard desktop due to being so loud also there was a lot of wind turbulence created because if the passive pfc coil covered half the old fan, it was rated at 12v .43 a :O
                      Primary transistors TT2144
                      Passive Pfc
                      Output rectifiers:
                      3.3v Mbr 4045pt
                      5v Mbr 4045pt
                      12v s3040pt
                      Bridge rectifier BgPbu605
                      Output capacitors:
                      3.3v 2* 2200uf 10v samwha will be replaced with 1* 3300uf Panasonic Fc 1*2200 uf 10v Panasonic Fc
                      5v 2* 2200uf 10v samwha will be replaced with 1* 3300uf Panasonic Fc 1*2200 uf 10v Panasonic Fc
                      12v 1* 2200uf 16v samwha 1* 470uf 25v jamicon will be replaced with 1* 3300uf 16v Panasonic fc 1* 2200uf 16v Panasonic Fc
                      Primary unit 2* 680uf 200v capxon
                      The rest of the capacitors are pce tur
                      Defiantly 300w will be great after a good recap.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 10-30-2014, 10:18 AM.
                      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Tacens uses whole bunch of OEMs - Huntkey, FSP, CWT, Andyson, HEC, Enhance. But this one does not ring any bell…

Comment

Whoever it is, it's the same as the new EVGA PSU I just recapped. I think it's good for at least 400W. Uses double forward with two 16A FETs on the primary, two 20A schottky for 12V with single rail, and 30A for 5V and 3.3V
                          Attached Files

Comment

What's the model name/number?

Comment

100-n1-0400-l1

Comment

250W is max for the Tacens

I found an "8688F" on the PCB, does this help?

Comment

It almost looks exactly like cit gold that I had if I remember it was a haisen or something not sure ?

Comment

8688F doesn't turn up anything, and UL on mine only goes back to EVGA. Behemot, it kinda looks like the Zalman ZM400-LE that you reviewed

Comment

It shares some similarities but all these generic chinese PSUs are the same. Two-transistor forward with PWM IC stand-by, magamp for +3,3 V.
                                      Last edited by Behemot; 10-30-2014, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Yeah, but they're double forward. Idk, they look like the same OEM to me http://translate.google.com/translat...20%26bih%3D933

And they both have abnormally barren on top side of the PCB, as in not many resistors, zener diodes, etc.

Comment

Oh yeah, mistaken them, I do it all the time 2 transistor OFC.

There's lot of SMD components these days, they are cheaper than leaded.
                                          Last edited by Behemot; 10-30-2014, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X