• Show
Clear All

Re: Dreambox 500s no power on

have way to fix this

Comment

Originally posted by risting View Post
      i solder ceramic capacitor and now i have heat on c422

maybe unductor is good my fault i no have any volts on start adapter is ok 12 v on receiver 0 volts
      If C422 is getting HOT, it is either shorted or the adaptor has the wrong polarity.
      Last edited by R_J; 09-13-2020, 05:55 PM.

Comment

When burned C422 i replace from another demaged dm 500 and and i tested i getting hot on D46 Diode and i change ferite beed inductor with maybe another value now is getting Hot on C422 why on the start diode D46 and capacitor i no have any voltage no 12v.
        ceramic capaitor and ferrite bead must be correct value NF?
        and i forgot receiver give shorted to the ground. Tnx
        Last edited by risting; 09-15-2020, 01:03 AM.

Comment

C422 can only "BURN" with the wrong polarity
          D46 or C421 is shorted! someone supplied the wrong polarity voltage to the dm500. the center pin must be positive. The ferrite bead is NOT THE ISSUE. it can be replaced with a piece of wire.

Remove L404 and see if you still have a shorted to ground
          Post a picture of the adaptor you are using so I can see the label. It must be a 12v center positive adaptor
          Last edited by R_J; 09-15-2020, 09:55 AM.

Comment

i replace electrolit capacitor 100uf 25v on C422 point because i no have tantalum capacitor and receiver again is alive but adapter is 12v 1.5A and works receiver 30 sec and shut down lost all power like no connected on AC green diode off i don't know why
            it is posible to works with this capacitor ? and dreambox is 12V 2A can i put adapter 12v 3A ? thanks for you answer and for your help
            Last edited by risting; 09-15-2020, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by risting View Post
              i replace electrolit capacitor 100uf 25v on C422 point because i no have tantalum capacitor and receiver again is alive but adapter is 12v 1.5A and works receiver 30 sec and shut down lost all power like no connected on AC green diode off i don't know why
              it is posible to works with this capacitor ? and dreambox is 12V 2A can i put adapter 12v 3A ? thanks for you answer and for your help

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

The adaptor could be bad. What happens to the 12 volts when the receiver turns off?, Yes you can use the 12v 3a adaptor as long as the center pin is positive. The 100µf cap will be ok.

Comment

When receiver turns off it is same like dead no any power
                    can i use adapter 12v 8A ? adapter must to have filter on cable ? because original dreambox adapter have filter MAGNET
                    Last edited by risting; 09-16-2020, 01:32 AM.

Comment

i plug in adapter 12V 3A original adapter of drembox 800 i now burn first ceramic smd capacitor C421 i don't know to read this ceramic capacitors i have ceramic capacitors from demaged graphic cards
                      can i use biger capacitor or must same size to be ? and correct Nf Uf
                      must to be ?

Comment

c421 can be almost any ceramic cap that looks about the same size, the cap is not that important in the circuit. It can be left out if you like to check the receiver with the original adaptor

Comment

i replace new ceramic capaitor on c421 why again burn capacitor? i tested inductors are ok no luck to fix this

Comment

probably something is shorted and causes a huge amount of current draw.

Comment

There is no reason for C421 to burn, It is just across the 12 volt input, the cap may have been bad, Look at where it is in the schematic, there is no reason for it to burn, in fact you can leave the cap out of circuit. Does the receiver work without C421 in place? If there was a short in the receiver, L404 would burn up, not C421
                              Last edited by R_J; 09-18-2020, 08:32 PM.

Comment

i remove c421 capacitor again in same place motherboard burn on c421 point

Comment

How can you "BURN" a small ceramic cap with a 12 volt adaptor?
                                  Show a picture of what is Burning
                                  Last edited by R_J; 09-23-2020, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Now after test without C421 capacitor i no have anymore green lamp i replace again another capacitor and green diode is off like dead
                                    i will try to send video link on youtube to see it

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzNB...ature=youtu.be

Comment

If C421 is burning It is either NOT a capacitor (maybe a resistor or inductor?) or it is shorted!
                                        Take C421 out of the receiver and connect the 12v adaptor across it, if it burns it is bad. These ceramic capacitors are usually rated higher than 12 volts.
                                        Where did you get this replacement capacitor? A capacitor is OPEN CIRCUIT, with 12 volts DC applied
                                        The video is too hard to watch, it is way too shaky
                                        Again, C421 is NOT required for the receiver to work. If you don't have the green led, I suspect you have a burnt/broken circuit trace between the DC jack and L404
                                        Last edited by R_J; 09-23-2020, 05:25 PM.

Comment

i replace smd capacitors and ferite bead inductors from graphic cards no burning c421 my fault motherboard burning on c421
                                          Last edited by risting; 09-23-2020, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X