X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi folks

Happy to join this community ; this forum seems loaded with expertise.
    By means of introduction I reside in France, have been in electronics & computers science since my 11th birthday, and on and off ever since. Primarily working on repairs of household items or electronics devices, as well as PCs ; just got into motherboard troubleshooting, and eager to learn more about it;

Comment

Newbie here. Came to this forum to get help troubleshooting a Samsung TV. Saw I need to activate my account with a new post, so here we go.

I'm a former Navy Sonar tech (1978-2007) and am comfortable working around electrical/electronics. I currently live in South Carolina. Hoping to use this forum to broaden my knowledge on current/future problems with home tech.

Looking forward to working with the forum!

Comment

hello

Comment

hi my laptop, gp66, with 3080 RTX, suddenly the gpu stopped working, but the laptop works fine, shows up the GPU in windows etc.. but its unusable... hoping i found the place to help fix this

Comment

Hi, i'm a teen that just likes fixing (and breaking) stuff, so that's how i ended up here, probably going to read a lot of threads when i will get bored

Comment

Hiya

Comment

Hello,=)

Comment

Hi My Name Is Eliasar But I go By "E"

Im brand new to board repair. I am completely taken by it. Ive always repaired stuff or made stuff. Electronic has always been pretty far down the list of interest for me, but recently its worked its way up to the top. i went down a rabbit hole of completely overhauling all of my computers (auto shop, wood shop, art studio, closet accountant) i have 10 fully function devices in use at all times. MacBooks, Mac Pro's, iMac's, iPhone's, iPads none of them new. so needless to say they need work. I do have a long history with computers started with DOS 3.0 in the 1980s. I here to learn and hopefully to ask many great questions

cheers

Comment

Hi everyone. I am new to the repair side of things but I do have a very basic understanding of electronics. I look forward to learning more.

Comment

Hi everyone here,
                      I`ve found this forum, because I was looking for some help, to repair a few locked canon printers. Canon's politic to make their printers refuse to work only by canon's rules makes me angry. Such a lot of waste, which is produced unnecessary is imho not acceptable.
                      I hope to have some luck in repairing.....

Comment

Hello everyone,
                        I'm Rainer, 59 years old, from Stuttgart in Germany.
                        Since I do a lot with PCs and laptops as a hobby, something always goes wrong.
                        After a long search I came across this great forum.

Thanks for joining the forum

Comment

Hello all, I am Adam, and I have been tinkering with computers since the mid 90s. Fairly recently I started getting interested in learning about eletronics, aiming to be self-sufficient in the repair of electronic gadgets, which constitute a growing proportion of my belongings. Not only does this save money, but it gives a deep sense of satisfaction, and makes the repaired thing feel more valuable than it was before it broke. Looking forward to reading what you all have been up to in this forum!

Comment

Hello! Here to learn SPI flashing, and delighted to have joined.

Comment

hello

Comment

hello all this community is awesome and i'm glad to be a part of it!

Comment

Hi Everybody!

Comment

Hi guys , nice to meet you

Comment

Sinclair ZX Spectrum, Amstrad 464, Commodore 64, Amiga 500, Atari STFM,
                                      Amiga 600, Amiga 1200 (probably the best affordable all round home
                                      computer imo)

Well that was my childhood. Needless to say school teachers hadn't a clue
                                      what I was writing about when they asked for essays on home life.

With money I was able to afford my first PC computer. I briefly had
                                      an 8086 which helped in learning DOS but it was mis-sold to us as a much
                                      higher rated PC. Not making the same mistake twice we bought a brand
                                      new system from a premium retailer for £1500 ($2859.45). It was a brand
                                      new on the market Pentium 75Mhz, a whopping 8Mb RAM, with 16bit sound
                                      and a top end Diamond Stealth 2Mb PCI graphics card.

Hooked on the need for high performance to do more things quicker, after
                                      winning a few thousand on the lottery. I self built myself a brand new on
                                      the market Pentium Pro system ($1500 just for the CPU itself). Back then
                                      nearly everyone I spoke to thought I had just a 200Mhz Pentium and hadn't
                                      heard about Pentium Pro in their local stores, it was frustrating explaining
                                      how it was hugely more powerful than their 'home user' systems. People
                                      wouldn't sell me games and software cos they'd say my system wasn't as
                                      powerful as a 233Mhz MMX - minimum spec to run etc grrr.

After that I kind of incrementally upgraded, mainly been with AMD and learnt
                                      the benefit of large heavy copper blocks and giant noisy fans. But more
                                      recently I've been investing in quiet PC components, such as thermally speed
                                      controlled fans and most importantly a quiet hard drive and quiet enclosure,
                                      anyone looking to reduce PC noise I strongly suggest enclosing your drives
                                      in Silentmaxx enclosures, they have mixed reviews, but I find with a modern
                                      low noise drive placed inside they virtually eliminate all HD noise completely.

I'm currently running an Athlon 1800 with a Radeon 9800XT for games, last
                                      few years it was a 3200XP with a GF6800 but it blew itself apart just like
                                      most high end equipment seems to. My home business system is a Dual Core
                                      X2 3800+. My next purchase will most likely be a Quad Core Processor, AMD
                                      or Intel depending on reviews and if the old A1800 survives that long.

My portable system is a WiFi Sempron 2800+ (latest 2006 revision) with ATI
                                      graphics and is kind of the benchmark of quiteness that I hope my desktop
                                      systems will eventually aspire to.

Comment

Just joined the board while trying to fix an Insignia that is having problems

Comment

Hi, my name is Tim and I'm an electronics freak!

Comment

Working...
                                          X