This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5CarPileup View Post
    Hey everyone, compared to you all I'm a noob, but I'm not totally inept. I've replaced DC jacks on laptops (soldered and non soldered types), and similar repair projects but I am looking for some help and to expand my knowledge. I'm more of a hobbyist and I'm big into DIY. Saves money and makes money . I'm really looking forward to learning from you guys!
    I hear you. I'm pretty much the same as you. Here to learn from everyone else!

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Stumbled across this site a few times and have learned quite a bit from reading here. Decided to join so i could have better access and ask a question or two here and there. I own a retro video game store and offer repair and refurbishing which involves a fair amount of replacing bad caps in old game consoles.

Comment

Never to late to say hello :p
        I ran computer repair business it didnt work for me, back to job but I am happy
        I still come around here to help friends or for my interest in repairs to see whats new

Comment

hello, 26 out of Indiana, always had a interest in electronic repair. i am Amateur at best but my search for knowledge has brought me here, as i recently got a graphics card from a family friend for free that may be salvageable story goes the tab on the pci express on the mobo it was in was broken leaving it loose and got unplugged or halfway unplugged while the comp was on short smell of burnt and thats about all i know.

Comment

Hello I'm from Argentina, a software dev with some experience as electronic technician.

Comment

Hi AJ here. Jumping in to save the plasma for years of family enjoyment. My newborn needs to appreciate the merits of a now ā€œold school plasmaā€ right? Hope to have fun in the process and learning how to fix!

Comment

Greetings Earthlings!!!

I'm Jim, From Metro Kansas City, I'm an OLD guy, I do basic stuff, I'm always learning.
                I generally don't say much unless I feel I need to, or if I just want to brag about something.

I look forward to contribute what I can when I can

Jim AKA
                Pip

Comment

Hi there, just hoping to fix my new TV.

Comment

Hello everyone thanks for all the great info here..as for me I'm just a retired old tech tinkering in my garage/office.

Comment

Hi, guys, I'm Jakson and come form slovenia, at the moment i'm searching for some help on my x555dl mother board! I hope I will find this fourm helpful!

Cheers!

Comment

Hi guys, i am Yuri from syberia and i searching a bios dump for my sony laptop

Comment

Hi everyone
                          My name is Chris and I am at my last twenteen year!
                          Last couple of years I was spending time fixing some electronic equipment just for fun instead of throw it away.
                          Honestly I am nooby in the electronics but since I remember myself I try and like to fix things!

I now started fixing laptops and tvs and would like to try cell phones also. Would be glad if I can count on your help if I have any issues.

Comment

Hey,

I am Nick, I am an industrial mechanic. I joined to grow my knowledge into circuitry and to repair my 60PV250-UB.

Comment

Hi,
                              My name is Ronald, I am starting in technical service of Apple products in my city La Paz, Bolivia, I hope your attentive collaboration and contribute as much as you can, thanks.

Comment

Hi, my name's Igor and I'm geek.

Comment

Hi folks. My name is ThubaĆ­ and I'm a brazilian.

Comment

hey, Im Tank from KC northland as well, it was refreshing to see someone else in kc right off the bat. hi me up at tankink220@gmail.com or 9137106186 take care

Comment

Hi... I am Beskaria, from Indonesia...

Comment

Hi!
                                        I am Nikola, from Serbia, 21 years old.
                                        In my spare time, I like to I work with gaming consoles, reparing it, installing modchips etc... My favorite tool is soldering iron
                                        I have a problem with my TV, and i googled to find a way to fix it, and then I found this forum and decided to get registered

Comment

Hello everyone!
                                          My name is Rob and i am currently trying to get my bachelor in electrical engineering.

Comment

Working...
                                          X