Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know what these are . . .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5pcs-PZL-16v...item4aba13303c

The only manufacturer I can find with a PLZ series is Rubycon, but they only go up to 470uF in 16V, also in 10x12.5 Google shows a couple hits with them described as Lelon, but Lelon doesn't have a PZL series either.

My guess is they're someone's poor attempt at counterfeit Rubycon, made by Lelon. But then Lelon doesn't make an 820uF 16V polly either. LOL

Re: Anyone know what these are . . .

Probably rebranded New Old Stock Sacon FZ

Inconclusively marked capacitors from a Chinese eBay seller?
    If they're not fake I'll eat my multimeter!
    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
    -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
      Probably rebranded New Old Stock Sacon FZ
      You mean like these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sanyo-ELCON-...item1e70e877ad

I actually reported this idiot to ebay a couple years ago for selling these wet caps as "Sanyo" solid pollys . . . they did nothing of course.

Inconclusively marked capacitors from a Chinese eBay seller?
      If they're not fake I'll eat my multimeter!
      They can't be "fake", since the seller never claims them to be ANYTHING.

Comment

OK, fake capacitors then. They're probably just pieces of wire stuck into a piece of plastic rod.
        "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
        -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
          OK, fake capacitors then. They're probably just pieces of wire stuck into a piece of plastic rod.
          LOL, he even has genuine Sacon FZs for sale!:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-3V-1500UF-...item3371eccf64

41 poor saps bought them, hopefully it was in lieu of fireworks for the 4th.
          Last edited by LLLlllou; 08-30-2014, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Perfect for when you want your rebuilt Geforce 8600GT to have those factory original parts!
            -David VanHorn

Comment

iirc no one makes an 820@16 in poly in a 10x13mm size!
              big enough red flag for ya?
              oh these are in the bin next to the 5800mah shitfire 18650's!

Comment

i prefer blackcats.
                Originally posted by LLLlllou View Post
                LOL, he even has genuine Sacon FZs for sale!:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-3V-1500UF-...item3371eccf64

41 poor saps bought them, hopefully it was in lieu of fireworks for the 4th.

Comment

God help anyone who buys caps on ebay - and I am not opposed to buying stuff on ebay, I buy hundreds of things there each year! - in fact, ebay is like a sickness for me, I need help!

but never capacitors, never in a million years, that is just asking for counterfeits!

even if the seller has a feedback of 100% and is based in USA, it is likely that neither he nor his customers realize the caps are fake.........for a while!

the BIG 4

~~~ the top tier of low-ESR electrolytic capacitors ~~~

Comment

Originally posted by theOracle View Post
                    God help anyone who buys caps on ebay - and I am not opposed to buying stuff on ebay, I buy hundreds of things there each year! - in fact, ebay is like a sickness for me, I need help!

but never capacitors, never in a million years, that is just asking for counterfeits!

even if the seller has a feedback of 100% and is based in USA, it is likely that neither he nor his customers realize the caps are fake.........for a while!
                    eBay is a swirling cesspool of counterfeit crap . . . and eBay itself knows it and couldn't care less. Unfortunately it's also the only place you can get Panasonic FL and FJ series caps. ebay is for me at least, a necessary evil.

Buying ANYTHING from eBay is a risk, buying semiconductors and caps is essentially a 100% garrenty of getting counterfeit Chinese crap. With that said, if you know what real caps look like, and know how to take advantage of eBay's buyer protection, you can cut your losses to close to zero.

I've received genuine caps, I've received counterfeits and I've received caps that were just completely not what the seller claimed or showed in the pictures. When they are fake, I open a case and politely explain to the seller that the caps are fake. If the seller doesn't refund the money, eBay buyer protection does. So far I've never had a problem. The closest I've come to not getting a refund was when the seller asks for the caps to be shipped back before giving a refund. There's an easy out for that, just explain that shipping counterfeit items through the US postal service is a federal crime.

AND FOR CHRIST SAKES, LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK STATING THE ITEM IS COUNTERFEIT!!!!!! None of that "I'll refund you if you leave positive feedback" blackmail crap.

Of course this only works if you actually know what the caps supposed to look like, right down to the font, the color of the ink, the thickness of the sleeve, the date code, and every other tiny little detail. The average guy looking to buy some caps cheap is very likely to get ass-raped without even knowing it.

Obviously if you want 100% assurance of real caps you should buy them from the Badcaps store:

https://www.badcaps.net/store/

or if what you need isn't in stock, an authorized distributor like:

http://www.digikey.com/
                    http://www.mouser.com/

or for those of us addicted to FJ and FL, the hunt continues.

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu View Post
                      iirc no one makes an 820@16 in poly in a 10x13mm size!
                      big enough red flag for ya?
                      oh these are in the bin next to the 5800mah shitfire 18650's!
                      ummm, https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...roducts_id=135

Comment

Originally posted by LLLlllou View Post
                        Buying ANYTHING from eBay is a risk, buying semiconductors and caps is essentially a 100% garrenty of getting counterfeit Chinese crap.
                        I agree and would certainly never buy electrolytic capacitors there, but as of yet I have not had issue with semiconductors from China, that said I do not expect any of them to be perfect\original parts, I do not assume they will last, but they have all done what they said on the label... I'm not stupid enough to buy big power transistors on eBay though!
                        -David VanHorn

Comment

must be a newer line.
                          the ones posted on ebay are still highly suspect.

Comment

Working...
                          X