Clean Install of Win 10 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean Install of Win 10 ?

Hi guys; i'm trying to do a clean install of win 10 Preview on my HP DV-5 1254US; 64Bit Intel centrino duo CPU 2.00 GHZ P7350,Intel Video Card 4500HD, and it starts install but asks me for drivers and tells me to insert cd or browse pc,i tried to update drivers but the drivers i'm running Win Vista Home Premium SP2 are up dated, and there are no other drivers for this machine,
    this is the same Cpu and hardware of my other Hp Dv-6 1259DX that was running Win 7 and i've upgraded it to Win 10 Preview, and it's running like a champ.

I made a DVD Win 10 Iso from Microsoft,
    Any body knows what i should do. thanks

Re: Clean Install of Win 10 ?

I guess you could copy the divers from your windows 7 computer, if it has the same hardware, onto a R/W CD and then load that into the computer when Windows 10 asked for a CD

Comment

install this.
      http://www.freedos.org/

no driver issues, blinding speed.
      and it's light on ram and HD space.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
        install this.
        http://www.freedos.org/

no driver issues, blinding speed.
        and it's light on ram and HD space.
        "No one will ever need more than 640k."
        "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
        Originally posted by shango066
        All style and no substance.
        Originally posted by smashstuff30
        guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
        guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

since we are doing bill gates lines - "Windows is dead, OS2 is the future"

Comment

Check your hardrive settings in the BIOS. Sata/ahci not ide.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
              Check your hardrive settings in the BIOS. Sata/ahci not ide.
              Thanks diif;i've installed Win 10 Preview with success, but i had to install Win 7 from an ISO image first, then upgraded to Win 10 Preview,now everything running fine,i never could do a clean install of Win 10 due to problems with drivers for this old Hp PC.it took a long time to do the Win 10 upgrade due failed updates a few times,it took the whole day to install and upgrade,with much persistence and patience,hope after all this work MS won't make me pay for this Win preview,that would make me go back to Win Vista.

Comment

You're unpaid beta testers for them and they intend to give it away as a free upgrade in the first year amyway, so I highly doubt they are going to introduce a charge for the preview version.

Comment

You're unpaid beta testers for them.
                  If 10 follows in it predecessors footsteps, then you're an alpha tester at best. Beta testers are all the fools who use any retail version of Windows before the first service pack is released.

Comment

the first service pack renders a large percentage of machines unuseable these days - if they do that shit with 10, like with 7 then there probably wont be an 11 - people wont put up with that shit!

Comment

the first service pack renders a large percentage of machines unuseable these days - if they do that shit with 10, like with 7 then there probably wont be an 11 - people wont put up with that shit!
                      Personally I have found that the First Service Pack for Windows 7 has saved more old machines than rendering them un-useable and I have upgraded many (over 500) old XP machines so far with Windows 7.

In fact after installing Service Pack 1 of Windows 7 many devices are found and I have many less drivers I have to go search for on my own.

I have yet to even look at Windows 10 and see no need to bother with it as long as Windows 7 is doing what it is.

Comment

As far as I heard, Windows 10 is going to be available through Windows Update for free for Windows 7 and higher users in the first year of release.
                        Then it's going to be subscription based, you pay yearly for the OS or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
                          Then it's going to be subscription based, you pay yearly for the OS or something like that.
                          lol

i dont see that working out too well.
                          specially with the corporate market - the risk of an entire department going into fuck-you mode because of a paperwork error is too serious to risk.

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
                            As far as I heard, Windows 10 is going to be available through Windows Update for free for Windows 7 and higher users in the first year of release.
                            oops, forgot to pay the yearly $100 windows fee, now all my files are inaccessible!
                            Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

http://www.informationweek.com/softw...d/d-id/1318043

No, Windows isn't likely to shift to a full subscription model, at least not for most customers. But based on Microsoft COO Kevin Turner's recent comments, analysts agree Microsoft will make most versions of Windows 10 free but charge users subscription fees if they want to activate certain features and services.

Microsoft will likely simplify Windows 10 to base, cost-free versions that offer mainstream functionality, said Gartner VP Steve Kleynhans in an email interview. He predicted more expensive Windows editions that enterprises purchase will likely "shift toward a subscription mode, on top of the base product."

Windows licensing costs often hinder businesses and institutions from adopting the newest versions, Forrester analyst David Johnson told InformationWeek. "Walk around almost any hospital, school or any other cash-strapped organization and count the number of Windows XP machines still in use," he stated. "[Microsoft] has to remove every possible barrier to adopting new Windows releases, and the licensing model is one of the very few things entirely within Microsoft's control."

Gartner VP Michael Silver similarly said Microsoft needs PC users on its newest, most up-to-date technologies. Only around one-fifth of the Windows user base has adopted Windows 8 or 8.1, so if Microsoft wants to charge into a cloud-focused world, it needs more customers to move along.
                              Sponsor video, mouseover for sound

"The only way to do that is to give away upgrades for free. There's definitely room for a freemium strategy, though," said Silver, who, with Kleynhans, authored a July report that argued Windows is destined for a subscription-oriented future. "
                              Arstechnica : http://arstechnica.com/information-t...based-windows/

The inevitable arrival of subscription-based Windows
                              Microsoft needs Windows to be all things to all people. Subscriptions could be the way.

PC Gamer :: http://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-win...-subscription/

Microsoft: Windows 10 will not be sold as a subscription

Microsoft announced that Windows 10 will be a free upgrade for Windows 7 and Windows 8 users during its first year of availability. There was some confusion, however, when Microsoft's Terry Myerson started talking about Windows 10 "as a service." Did that mean that after that first year of free availability, Windows 10 would cost an annual fee? I asked Myerson for clarification after the presentation, and he confirmed that there will be no additional fees attached to Windows 10, whenever you buy it.

Myerson clarified that Windows 10 users will still get free updates and support for the lifetime of the OS, exactly like past versions of Windows (like XP and Windows 7's Service Packs, for example). There's no subscription model for updates or support or continuing to use the OS. Myerson's reference to Windows "as a service" simply meant that Microsoft plans to update the OS with smaller, more regular updates rather than the big, chunky updates of past Service Packs.

A year after Windows 10 is first available, it will no longer be a free upgrade for Windows 7 and 8 users. Microsoft will then sell Windows 10 the same way it has sold past versions of Windows. MS hasn't set a specific price yet, but Myerson said the price will likely be comparable to past versions of Windows. Windows 8 costs $120 on Amazon, for instance.

Comment

lol

i dont see that working out too well.
                                specially with the corporate market - the risk of an entire department going into fuck-you mode because of a paperwork error is too serious to risk.
                                It's how corporate Windows licensing works at the moment, i don't see why they would change it.

Comment

It's how corporate Windows licensing works at the moment, i don't see why they would change it.
                                  Well if they don't change, then more people will hate more MS and rollback, also run away to Linux and turn off win updates,i did it on XP sp3 and so far it runs like a champ,off course i only use win xp on trusted sites and mostly for streaming on my subscription IP sports chan and have Linux side by side with xp to use for everything else.
                                  For what i do, i don't need window for nothing, and l like me are many people,
                                  what MS will loose? i'll tell you what they loose,MS will loose millions on Win Software,Apps from the store and so on,and probability loose credibility special with those people that risked their present win set up to test this win 10 preview,and most will say fuck you MS for the last time.
                                  Last edited by ivtec; 02-10-2015, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
                                    Well if they don't change, then more people will hate more MS and rollback, also run away to Linux and turn off win updates,i did it on XP sp3 and so far it runs like a champ,off course i only use win xp on trusted sites and mostly for streaming on my subscription IP sports chan and have Linux side by side with xp to use for everything else.
                                    what MS will loose? i'll tell you what they loose,MS will loose millions on Win Software,Apps from the store and so on,and probability loose credibility special with those people that risked their present win set up to test this win 10 preview,and most will say fuck you MS for the last time.
                                    i said fuck you to microsoft when windows 7 filled a 20gb partition with nothing more than rainmeter installed. what a joke windows is! a fully configured and updated SUSE install doesn't even take up 8gb!
                                    Microsoft
                                    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
                                      Don't confuse enterprise with the home user.
                                      Enterprise will not have users able to install Apps.
                                      Anyone wiping their current Windows system to install a part finished OS on a production PC is a well....a bit foolish. It won't be the final version even with the updates and will need reinstalling when the RTM is released.

The majority of enterprise will continue to use a flavour of Windows even if 10 is crappy like 8, due to the software it's users use and the ease of administration, it's where the majority of their revenue comes from.

Comment

Don't confuse enterprise with the home user.
                                        Enterprise will not have users able to install Apps.
                                        Anyone wiping their current Windows system to install a part finished OS on a production PC is a well....a bit foolish. It won't be the final version even with the updates and will need reinstalling when the RTM is released.

The majority of enterprise will continue to use a flavour of Windows even if 10 is crappy like 8, due to the software it's users use and the ease of administration, it's where the majority of their revenue comes from.
                                        diif; that one of the fools! is not for me,i did not wipe off my system,besides it wouldn't do clean install any way,i used the upgrade,and if that was not enough for me,i made an iso of win 7 installed on a spare HDD and then upgraded to win 10 preview this is on one of my main PC's, leaving me with the original HDD with Win 7 installed and ready to go,the other PC i made an iso of win 7,and installed over Win Vista, then upgraded to Win 10 Preview ,but i have the win vista iso that i can use to resin-tall with the Key,so as you see i'm not the fool;
                                        Last edited by ivtec; 02-10-2015, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X