no match for LTec 450V 1uF on Mouser or Digi-Key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no match for LTec 450V 1uF on Mouser or Digi-Key

My most used Dell SFF GX270 wouldn't start yesterday, so I opened up its PS-5161-1D1S Lite-On PS to find this 8mmX16mm LTec TH (30 ripple) right on the edge of the middle of the main board (C124) bulging and leaking badly. The only thing I had close with decent ripple was a 8mmx13mm Nichicon VC 400V 4.7uF (ripple 70), so I put it in, then realized I ought to replace its OSTs while it was open. I don't have equivalents to all the OSTs, so I have to order. In searching for a replacement for the LTec, everything with as much claimed ripple is in a 10mm can. Everything 8mm required to fit the tight space has at most 18 ripple, and nothing in stock is even close to the original 16mm can height. Any suggestions for either a better choice or just keeping the VC?

Anyone have a favorite replacement for the OST 12.5mmX20mm 2200uF 10V RLS (ripple 2360) I keep finding in power supplies? I have nothing matching in that can size, but I do have Nichicon 10X25 HM (ripple 2800). Otherwise, looks like Nichicon HD is an exact 2360 ripple match, and Panasonic FM 2600.

Re: no match for LTec 450V 1uF on Mouser or Digi-Key

Do you have pictures of the top and bottom of the board? This will help me determine that a higher capacitance unit is acceptable.
    For the OST RLS series, I recommend Chemi-Con KZE series.
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Pictures needed to wait for the benefit of daylight.
      Attached Files

Comment

It appears the 450V 1uF unit is used as a snubber and I believe that you can probably get away with a 4.7uF 450V Chemi-Con KMQ/GXE unit (you can also get away with a 10mm diamater unit), and it is not likely that a 400V unit would be suitable.
        My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

The GXE and KMQ spec sheets I found show those are 10mm, and none are stock items at Mouser or Digi-Key. There is a KMQ in the sheet 8x11.5, but ripple is only 20, while my 400V 4.7uF VC is a bigger 8x13 can with 70 ripple, closer in size to the OEM 8X16. Searching for in-stock 105C 450V in narrower than 10mm can sizes produces no hits. A plain Google for 'radial electrolytic 1uf 450v 105C' and 1uF or 2.2Uf or 4.7uF produced nothing less than 10mm diameter, more than 12mm tall, and more than 20 ripple, same as searching Badcaps.net, Mouser and Digi-Key directly.

10mm will not fit except by leaving leads at least 11mm long. Will long leads to enable using a 10mm diameter can net a better match than my under-voltage VC?

Sitting virtually up against a heat sink doesn't seem like an appropriate place to gamble on a little 8x11.5 85C.

Comment

Try the 2.2uF 450V Caps. I think Digi-Key have them available still. It WILL work.

Comment

I have Rubycons LLE 3.3/400 in D8x11.5 in the process. However, the 450V versions are all D10.
              Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
              Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

3.3uF 400V will not work in place of 1uF 450V. Sorry

Comment

Working...
                X