X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung HL67A750 DLP with bad caps!

Originally posted by oysteroid View Post
    stanman2242,

The problem has to be something that changes with heat. ESR in caps is one such thing. I suppose bad BGA solder contacts could change with heat flexing the board or something. It is probably either solder problems or bad caps. After all, most of those small SMD caps only have an expected life of 2,000 hours. This TV is over 8 years old and has seen heavy use!
    Keep in mind the endurance ratings are at either 85 or 105 degrees, and essentially doubles for every 10 degree drop from there. Assuming a 45 degree environment, that's over 3.6 years for 85 deg. caps, and for 105 deg. caps that's over 14 years. Also, the cap isn't expected to to die after it's endurance hours run out, it's expected to still be fully in spec. How these numbers equate to the real world is a completely different matter of course.

BTW, my hlt6187sx is still going strong. About a week after I replaced the main board I got my first white dot, followed pretty quickly by a few thousand more. Replaced the DMD chip and it was back to it's original glory. Haven't has so much as a hiccup since. (Though I probably just jinxed myself)
    Last edited by LLLlllou; 02-20-2017, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X